Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' Joe or Muhammad Ali! Who is your favourite?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like smokin Joe more

People like to claim Ali was just hyping the fight and promoting with his trash talk

But watching the clips there is a huge difference between Ali trash talking

and Tyson Floyd trash talking.

Ali and his racial insults seem 100% real and not at all a promotion.

That being said, it was the 60's and anyone that lived in that era can say Ali does have the right to be racist, with all that was going on

I think Joe was more of a gentleman, like David Haye

Chisora forces Haye to let out his animal side

Comment

Frazier all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DietyNubian View Post
        Ali by FAR Smokin Joe Frazier was an uncle tom and was the white mans whore (hate to say that but its true)
        You're kidding.

That's the only explanation, you're joking about this.

Frazier was a poor speaker. So he kept his mouth shut, but he was a very proud black man.

Originally posted by golden247 View Post
        I agree joe frazier is the more admirable of the two. the way he protested the vietnam war, and the murder of innocent people on both sides. The lengths he went to and strived for the black rights movement and how his persona and presence is the reason athletes are being paid the amounts of money they are paid today and how still continues to do peace work. Yes i agree joe was the more admirable of the two.
        Try the one who wasn't constantly stirring up racial divisions and hatred (to promote fights even) and advocating segregation. Or dragging out a fight with an aging Floyd Patterson, a very classy and nice man, just to punish him for not using his proper name.

Or the one who gave Ali money and tried to get him back his boxing license when he was banned from the sport, even giving him rides in his car.
        Last edited by Capaedia; 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          You're kidding.

That's the only explanation, you're joking about this.

Frazier was a poor speaker. So he kept his mouth shut, but he was a very proud black man.
          I already ignored the ignorant race-baiting SOB.

Poet

Comment

Working...
          X