Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dereck Chisora finished as a heavyweight contender?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dereck Chisora finished as a heavyweight contender?

Was Dereck Chisora ever a legit contender? Or was he just a tough journeyman with a top promoter who got him into fights with contenders?

He's had 4 losses in his past 5 fights.

Will he ever again have a world title shot? Will he ever again get to fight a top heavyweight contender like Fury, Pulev or Haye?
    Yes, he'll be regarded as a journeyman now
    28.13%
    Maybe, his stock has gone down with the KO loss
    31.25%
    No, he'll still become a contender
    40.63%

The poll is expired.

No, of course not.

I hope they don't throw him in with Price too soon. He needs to regain some confidence, tighten-up his defence and work on his footwork.

Don't forget, he's got a good chin, too.
    Last edited by yoz; 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

He was a never a top contender. He had an intriguing personality and a solid chin. It has got him as far as it ever will.

Comment

warren rushed him to the top ... but if he just takes it easy and gives him a few easy fights for a bit he can still do well - give him a few fat americans to beat up for a bit

Comment

In my opinion, never has he been a serious contender or possible champ! The fact he got KO'ed by a small heavyweight for this generation; showed his possible contention for a title.

Comment

I never considered him one in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              He was a never a top contender. He had an intriguing personality and a solid chin. It has got him as far as it ever will.
              This and exactly this.

Klitschko's age and coming in out of shape also helped bolster his popularity, as it tricked many fans into thinking Chisora was much better than he actually is.

Comment

Definitely not. A threat for anyone below top 3. A lot of potential left.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                  In my opinion, never has he been a serious contender or possible champ! The fact he got KO'ed by a small heavyweight for this generation; showed his possible contention for a title.
                  And there was the loss to Fury.

Comment

he will be a solid gatekeeper in the monte barrett(a few years ago version), fres oquendo, michael grant mold. he's a B level fighter. if you beat him then you belong in the top 10-15 to be considered for a future eliminator or title shot. he's above journeyman status. he will beat all the journeymen like gavern, fields, firtha, walker, leapai, grano, quezada, sprott, bakhtov, welliver, sherman williams, etc....those are the C+ level journeymen. i think chisora is above that.

Comment

Working...
                    X