Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No hate for Jermaine Taylor, but why do people say he was a good fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overrated.

Had the great fortune of going up against Hopkins when he was done as a MW.

I think BHop would've whooped his ass with more energy at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      I don't hate Taylor and don't think he was a shit fighter. Just think he was ordinary.
      I dont hate him I just think he was not even close to the skill level people had rated him at. He was far from great and barely good. His best attribute was his young athletic star power which was the hopes to bring boxing back to a rise especially in his few years when boxing took a downward spiral. He never lived up to the hype, I'm glad he tried and appreciate his heart but look at David Reid thats what he compares to a fighter everyone wanted to love and had so much hope in but when put in a tough situation he flopped.

Comment

Come on guys, Taylor wasn't a good fighter. This is true as it gets. There were guys who beat Cory Spinks more convicningly than Taylor did. Like Latimore. And drawing with Winky Wright with the kind of size advantage Taylor had isn't anything special either.
        I thought the spinks fight was a robbery. And saying latimore beat spinks is said. he was so far removed at that point.

Comment

Come on guys, Taylor wasn't a good fighter. This is true as it gets. There were guys who beat Cory Spinks more convicningly than Taylor did. Like Latimore. And drawing with Winky Wright with the kind of size advantage Taylor had isn't anything special either.
          LOL, I remember watching that fight and people rejecting as a dull fight before it even started. It was an exciting fight that Cory Spinks won. I don't know where you got that Spinks lost.

Comment

I thought Taylor beat Pavlik in the rematch, at least I scored it for Taylor. And the New York Post also had it for Taylor.

He went 12 with Froch and was winning before the KO.

He went 24 rounds with Hopkins and won both fights.

He went 12 with Winky Wright in a back to back fight.

He beat tough fighters like Spinks, Joppy, Ouma.

He has TKO wins over lesser known/okay fighters like Raul Marquez, Alex Bunema, and Grady Brewer who just stopped Fernando Guerrero.

So to say he's a shit fighter is going overboard and having no respect for boxing at all.

Comment

Working...
            X