No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: Respect, 25 Years And Counting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: Respect, 25 Years And Counting

By Jake Donovan - The reasons behind Bernard Hopkins becoming a pro boxer 25 years ago far differ from the reasons why he still does it to this day.

Twenty-five years ago – with that anniversary having just passed earlier this month – Hopkins decided to punch for pay, not long after taking up boxing as means to change his life while serving nearly five years in Grateford State Prison way back in the 1980’s.

Now entering his 64th professional prize fight, Hopkins does it simply because he can still do it. Not only has he beaten the odds and outlasted his entire generation in the process, but is threatening to outpace yet another wave of stars from past, present and future.

“I'm in the second era of somebody else's era. I'm in the Broner and the Danny Garcia's and the other fighters; I could mention era,” Hopkins points out ahead of Saturday’s light heavyweight title defense versus mandatory challenger Karo Murat at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. [Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait to see Bernard "The Alien" Hopkins put on a show out of this world

Comment

I respect his longevity but he's still boring and I will never stop calling him Poopikins.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
        Can't wait to see Bernard "The Alien" Hopkins put on a show out of this world
        Same here

Comment

We know he will never fight Ward or Adonis Stevenson. So Will somebody else please KO this man? Its becoming a freak show.

Comment

Hopkins is boring,but Mayweather is the king of boring,hes fights are a waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
              We know he will never fight Ward or Adonis Stevenson. So Will somebody else please KO this man? Its becoming a freak show.
              Kovalev sends him to hell and Poopikins won't fight him either.

Comment

Hopkins is not verry entertaining but people should respect him for what hes still able to do at this age! I think its impressive what hes doing.

Comment

Cant wait to see Hopkins pyt on a master class. Dont sweat the technique!

Bring on Kovalev or Stevenson next! Dont be scurrrrd HBO!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

here's a fighter beaten both by chad dawson and slappy joe calslappy how good can he be ?

Comment

Working...
                    X