Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson: If Hopkins Wants a Brutal Fight, It'll Be Brutal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson: If Hopkins Wants a Brutal Fight, It'll Be Brutal

Mandatory challenger Chad Dawson (30-1, 17 KOs) is ready for anything that Bernard Hopkins (52-5-2, 32 KOs) brings to the table on October 15th at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Dawson, 29, expects to capture the veteran's WBC light heavyweight title. Hopkins has already started the mindgames, which Dawson is ignoring. If Hopkins wants to box, Dawson will box. But if Hopkins wants a toe to toe war, then Dawson will go there too.

[Click Here To Read More]

Dawson's right, Hopkins fought dirty against Calzaghe yet bhop's fanboys cried robbery after the fight. I could see Dawson beating bhop, and bhop's fanboys crying over it saying he was robbed because they think using your head as a weapon and clinching is a honorable way of fighting in a boxing ring.

Comment

You're only fooling yourself, Chad. We all know this is gonna be a slow tempo tactical fight, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

I'm torn between who I want to win this fight...Dawson is one of my favorite fighters, but BHop is a legend and he deserves to go out on top!

Comment

Don't buy it .. and not buying the PPV!! HAaahAhHahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            Dawson's right, Hopkins fought dirty against Calzaghe yet bhop's fanboys cried robbery after the fight. I could see Dawson beating bhop, and bhop's fanboys crying over it saying he was robbed because they think using your head as a weapon and clinching is a honorable way of fighting in a boxing ring.
            No we don't.

Hopkins may use dirty tactics but let's not make out he's the only fighter to do so. It's a tactic he uses to frustrate his opponents and it tends to work.

There may have been more immature Hopkins fans or Calzaghe haters that claimed Hopkins was "robbed" but his real fans would tell you it was close fight.

The majority of fans thought Joe won and i can't disagree, close fight.

I'm also a Dawson fan and if he wants to be successful against Hopkins, he needs to use his superior speed to outbox Hopkins and it can't be a slow paced tactical fight, he needs to make Hopkins work.

I'm not saying he should go at Hopkins like Calzaghe did because that's not his game but he needs to up the tempo.

Dawson isn't a fast paced fighter though and he tends to lose focus mentally in fights and he takes rounds off, that will cost him against Hopkins so he needs to stay sharp all 12.

Comment

The fight could be more interesting than people may think... Could be too close to the Mayweather fight to be a buy, but I do want to see how it turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
                The fight could be more interesting than people may think... Could be too close to the Mayweather fight to be a buy, but I do want to see how it turns out!
                Yes, I agree even tho the fight might be boring all boxing fans should be intrigued by this match-up. It's a 50/50 fight, it would be less than 50/50 if refs didn't let bhop get away with his dirty tactics. The thing is when bhop fights good fighters he fights cleanly, but when he fights fighters like Dawson I'm expecting to see a very dirty bhop. I consider Dawson a future great fighter.

Arguably some have Dawson as a great now, but I think with a win over Hopkins he'll be consider great since Dawson already has a good resume.

Comment

I would love to see Dawson wake up and drop the indifference and the superiority complex for once and go after the old man with all. More jabs and 1-2s and more agressiveness would make him unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    Yes, I agree even tho the fight might be boring all boxing fans should be intrigued by this match-up. It's a 50/50 fight, it would be less than 50/50 if refs didn't let bhop get away with his dirty tactics. The thing is when bhop fights good fighters he fights cleanly, but when he fights fighters like Dawson I'm expecting to see a very dirty bhop. I consider Dawson a future great fighter.

Arguably some have Dawson as a great now, but I think with a win over Hopkins he'll be consider great since Dawson already has a good resume.
                    Thing is, if Chad fights the way he did in his last fight, Bernard could maul him a bit. I hope it is competitive...

Comment

Working...
                    X