Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently Haye-Chisora is a 10 round fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN have it listed as 12 rounds. Make of that what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post
      why isn't the fight listed on boxrec?
      Boxrec is in bed with the BBBoC.

Comment

Originally posted by *Stannis* View Post
        ESPN have it listed as 12 rounds. Make of that what you will.
        Originally it was for 12. Booth and Haye now demand 10.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          When was this said?

"Frank Warren said it" is not a good enough source for me, no.

Not that I'm disputing it, just I'd find it shocking if true and very surprised it hasn't been announced yet.
          yeah its true, was watching the countdown on boxnation, its a ten round fight - i was pretty surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
            Thought this was a 12 rounder with the all new WBO International title at stake...
            WBO International & WBA Intercontinental Heavyweight Championships.

But usually these bullshit title fights are scheduled for 12.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              Apparently it was Haye's side that wanted it that way otherwise it could have been a 12 rounder. Probably think it'll give David an advantage.

it's no small advantage, either.

nothing involving david haye surprises me. the man is truly a clown.

Comment

Haye trying to move the goalposts at the last minute. The guy is truly pathetic. But we all knew Haye don't give a shlt about the fans, so this really shouldn't come as any surprise.

Comment

well the accepted wisdom is haye early or chisora late ... chisora doesn't have the big one punch early ko power and will need to wear haye down, 10 rounds instead of 12 gives haye a big advantage, though frank warren was trying to claim the opposite. It also means haye can feel more confident about pushing harder in those first few rounds without having to worry quite so much about gassing in the championship rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by *Stannis* View Post
                    Haye trying to move the goalposts at the last minute. The guy is truly pathetic. But we all knew Haye don't give a shlt about the fans, so this really shouldn't come as any surprise.
                    Haye and Booth are a couple of con-men.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                      well the accepted wisdom is haye early or chisora late ... chisora doesn't have the big one punch early ko power and will need to wear haye down, 10 rounds instead of 12 gives haye a big advantage, though frank warren was trying to claim the opposite.
                      Haye and Booth saw that Dereck won the 12th vs Vitali and that shook them up because Davey will be knackered by then.

Who knows what else they will come up with before the fight takes place?

Comment

Working...
                      X