Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Robert Guerrero Fights Manny Pacquiao, How Would It Play Out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Robert Guerrero Fights Manny Pacquiao, How Would It Play Out?

guerrero would have the height and reach advantage, has decent boxing abilities (B minus) and a volume punching style that's willing to trade on the inside. but he lacks footspeed and power to match the elite of the division.

pacquiao would have his way with guerrero, the initial rounds pacquiao would take to the outside using side to side movement and that patented left straight. middle rounds, guerrero starts to push the pace and comes forward being the taller fighter to throw his own combinations. late rounds, pacquiao starts to land a lot more left hands as guerrero continues to press forward and catches him by the ropes that puts guerrero down. he gets up but is barely saved by the bell. pacquiao win round 11 by tko.

your thoughts?

Guerrero has a granite chin and would press forward the entire fight if he wants to show his dominance. But ultimately he might go back to being a range fighter. There would be some good exchanges in there but ultimately Pac gets the late TKO or UD. Really depends on how past prime Pacquiao currently is.
    Last edited by thuggery; 11-26-2012, 07:20 AM.

Comment

guerrero has experience against roids cheats i think he has a very good chance

Comment

Pacquiao would beat the living **** out of Guerrero. He'd beat him worse than Margarito.

Comment

who knows, to be honest. He had a couple good showing proves to be a solid fight but pacquaio is one of the best right now. Be a good scrap either way, Guerrero isnt a Mosley with no heart so he will fight with heart and make his fan proud win or lose.

Comment

The Ghost would try to outbox Pac and lose by decision... if he goes to war with Pac, he gets stopped Hatton-style

Comment

With Guerrero's aggressive style, he could end up like hatton

Comment

All those punches he ate from Berto, snapping his back, left and right, only wobbling momentarily a couple of times, I think the damage will show in his next fight. I think a lot of people will disagree with me but this fight will end up taking a lot out of Guerrero. It was his "night" but notice this happens a lot, a fighter goes through a war and wins but then in his next fight he's not the same fighter.

If Guerrero has more fights left in him, then good for him, I actually liked his performance on Saturday and think he should fight like that more often. He has a really good chin, he showed it. Berto knocked down Ortiz twice with some of those punches, but Guerrero took them.

I think Pacquiao may UD him. I don't think Guerrero gets knocked out like counted out. Worst that happens to him is that he gets stopped by the ref on cuts, bruises, or he gets badly hurt and the ref or his corner stops the fight while Guerrero is standing wobbly on his legs. I don't see Guerrero actually going "down" though. Very good chin, Berto threw some jaw breaking uppercuts, some brutal punches there and although they got Guerrero's attention, he kept coming.

Comment

pretty bad.......... he would get tko'd by Pacquiao

Comment

he would do great if he boxed like in the first 2 rounds of the Berto fight. He was turning Berto like Marquez does Pacquiao. But if he fights like the remaining 10 rounds he ends up on the canvas by round 7.

Comment

Working...
                    X