Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if marquez is competitive against Manny, what then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if marquez is competitive against Manny, what then?

From what I've gathered, most reasonably competent fight fans believe that Marquez will be entirely out of his element at welterweight. The majority of us believes that Marquez gets stopped brutally. Although there are some that refuse to acknowledge weights classes when talking Manny, those need not respond.

But what happens if Marquez turns out to actually be competitive? What if the fight goes 12 with back & forth action & we have yet another close war? Does Manny retain his pfp status that was passed to him when Floyd took leave. Or does the head to head comparo being in Floyd's favor return him back to the #1 spot?

U know what's really funny and ironic is the fact that a lot Pac fans on this site are trying to support this fight and say it will be a "war" and all of that noise despite the weight issue. However, what would it say about Pac if Marquez gave him hell again at the same weight that Floyd embarassed Marquez at?

Comment

Mayweather Marquez rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
        U know what's really funny and ironic is the fact that a lot Pac fans on this site are trying to support this fight and say it will be a "war" and all of that noise despite the weight issue. However, what would it say about Pac if Marquez gave him hell again at the same weight that Floyd embarassed Marquez at?
        Ok, so answer the question now bro, thanks!! But yes, that's what I'd like to know, if Marquez does end up giving as good as he recieves, what does that do to Pacman's standing?

Comment

We'll see how he handles the weight.... so far he doesn't look fat/bloated or anything and from what Marquez said, he's already in the 140's (from his report in ESPN deportes).
          He's basically giving up his speed for power and relying on him being able to counter punch Manny all night... so yea I think that he'll give him a war.
          Manny's p4p status? I don't know if it'll change if they go the full 12 rounds.... but if I had to put money down, I'd say it wouldn't unless he looks horrible in a 12 round fight. If the two looked competitive and it went 12 rounds... I bet it won't change.

Comment

From the pics and vidz, JMM looks in better shape compare to his previous ww fight. And like JMM said that Pac comes forward.

Comment

If its that close, and competitive then I say a 4th fight! Why not? We'd have had 3 great fights from them!
              Last edited by Sage84; 10-25-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Then we can lay the MAY/PAC thing to rest. If its close that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Ok, so answer the question now bro, thanks!! But yes, that's what I'd like to know, if Marquez does end up giving as good as he recieves, what does that do to Pacman's standing?
                  as long as Pac wins I think he should keep his #1 p4p spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    From what I've gathered, most reasonably competent fight fans believe that Marquez will be entirely out of his element at welterweight. The majority of us believes that Marquez gets stopped brutally. Although there are some that refuse to acknowledge weights classes when talking Manny, those need not respond.

But what happens if Marquez turns out to actually be competitive? What if the fight goes 12 with back & forth action & we have yet another close war? Does Manny retain his pfp status that was passed to him when Floyd took leave. Or does the head to head comparo being in Floyd's favor return him back to the #1 spot?
                    Not that I need to mention the obvious, but the weight doesn’t help, the 38 years does not either (even if he’s aged pretty well in his career). But I don’t think he gets knocked out, Marquez is too crafty, too smart a fighter to not have the know-how to go 12 rounds (even if we consider it “running”). Not that I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen, but if at some point Marquez has trouble, gets into a lot of trouble, I think that Mexican pride **** goes right out the window and he merely tries to make it to the final bell.

If he makes it a competitive fight, I think we can chalk it up to styles make fights, its not like he hasn’t proven competitive in the past, you know what I mean….it may take some off guard, but it’s not exactly unknown to our eyes. As far as the p4p rankings, I dunno….don’t really care, but I guess he drops a spot? I think Floyd had a good fight vs Ortiz, but the fight itself sucked, it ended prematurely…Floyd hasn’t made a great case thus far in the year (and it’s not entirely his fault)-I’d probably just keep Manny as is with a win. When Manny and Floyd fight, is when we we’ll know who’s better between the two, anything else is just an assumption, your rightful opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X