Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali is Crowned "The King of Boxing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats his mugging pose on the photo and his eyes still sparkle! To me he is the second best but will always be the bravest pro boxer along with Louis in the history of boxing.
    He stood up for the people who felt the V.N. war was a political sham and he forfeited 3 years of his income to proof his ethics. He came back years later and was instumental in the release of hostages and more than twice went behind the scenes to bring Americans to safety.
    This is the same man who won a Gold Medal wearing a USA uniform who was belittled and berated once he returned home from Rome so his bitterness could easily be understood!
    Great boxer, Best chin, inovated defense, fastest jab ever in his division and his foot work is unmatched!!! oh yeah the Greatest Self-Promotor EVER in Boxing!
    Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Why do people continue to suck up to this nation of islam piece of sht he was overrated as a fighter and was a piss ant for a man Frazier truly was the better man left that scum shaking in his chair with his mouth shut good job joe.
      This is just WRONG!

Comment

He was great. Him and Louis ar the greatest heavyweight champions ever.

Comment

Why do people continue to suck up to this nation of islam piece of sht he was overrated as a fighter and was a piss ant for a man Frazier truly was the better man left that scum shaking in his chair with his mouth shut good job joe.

Comment

That's great Ali deserves it he's the greatest Boxer.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CeC3yrcG4

Comment

Ali is the greatest boxer in my lifetime hands down.

Since he fought Doug Jones in a rough fight that was shown by tape on Friday Nite fights in the early 60's because the normal fights were rained out til his last fight, he is the greatest boxer /fighter that ever laced up gloves !!

Not only did he fight the Bear , Sonny Liston, who has not been copied and a monsterous great in himself as a fighter, and win in supreme style with Speed of hand and foot, not just running but fighting, he was a supreme fighter , but,
                he fought two more GREAT WORLD CHAMPIONS among others !!!!!!

His trilogy with Frazier, especially the first and last proved him to be the greatest !!!

As far as I am concerned Cassius Clay/Ali was the Pound 4 Pound GREATEST OF ALLLLLLLLLL TIME , I am talking, pre Vietnam war years !! He was NOT the same after that 3 year layoff but he was still GREAT !!

He fought the GREAT George Foreman,

He Looked for and took on ALLLLLLLLLLLL COMERS !!!!!!

He went on the socalled bum of the month thang and whupped them all.

He stayed too long.

Today when I see fighters, or read of what people say about so called fighters that hide and won't take on all comers, I nearly PUKE !

They couldn't carry Ali's JOCK STRAP if you want to get tecnal bout it !!!!!

Hats off to the GREAT ALI !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is there any way to watch the film that was shown?

Comment

I wish that news reports that we have to read and "believe", were more factual, without all that PR Bumpf. It's very hard to believe that Ali ever had a genuine "loving wife", except his first wife Sonja, whom he divorced because she objected to wearing ankle length dresses and to walk 3 paces behind him..... He was, and is a mental nitwit, regardless of his boxing prowess, and there should not be "news reports" of his briliant comments and "witticisms" as "relayed" (composed) by his wife. I believe that it is impossible for such exchanges to have passed from him to her.

And, they were hardly "funny". Just an example of backside licking extraordinaire.

Comment

As a fighter inside the ring , no one on earth has ever been better, especially pre Vietnam days. Not SRR either,,,,not Joe Louis, NO ONE !!!!!!

I did not agree with him outside the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X