No announcement yet.

Is Vitali Klitschko an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I voted no. I just can't say he is an ATG when he lost to his 2 best opponents, one by quitting, and he ahs no wins against a top 150 HWT. Now his KO percentage is amazing and he has dominated his competition (as he should since its so putrid).

It all comes down to how you rate who he fought.
    I have always agreed that to be great you have to beat a great, which is why the HW's of old were so good. Lots of greats in the same era, with everyone beating each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Here you go again.
      cowardly to ignore me just because you can't refute my points. no matter how much you like vitali, that doesn't make his opponents HOF worthy. shameful that you can't just debate the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
        I have always agreed that to be great you have to beat a great, which is why the HW's of old were so good. Lots of greats in the same era, with everyone beating each other.
        Basically, because Vital;i did what he was supposed to do- KTFO of vastly inferior opposition almost everytime out-some feel he should be rewarded with a spot in the HOF. Not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Here you go again.
          His resume doesn't put him anywhere close to the Top 100 All-Time, which is ATG to me. H2H, sure.

You just get butt hurt when someone disagree's with you.

Comment

It really is shocking to look at Vitali's resume and see how weak it is. You would think it was better, but its really poor. The only thing saving it is that he smashed the fighters he was supposed to smash, except for a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It really is shocking to look at Vitali's resume and see how weak it is. You would think it was better, but its really poor. The only thing saving it is that he smashed the fighters he was supposed to smash, except for a couple.
              I'll put Wlad's resume in the Top 20 HW's, but to me neither if them have Top 100 resume's All-Time, which is ATG to me.

I mean we have people on here who say Wlad and Vitali's are ATG's, but that Oscar De La Hoya isn't. That is SHOCKING.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                His resume doesn't put him anywhere close to the Top 100 All-Time, which is ATG to me. H2H, sure.

You just get butt hurt when someone disagree's with you.
                Junior Gong made same point in the other thread that Vitali's resume stinks but H2H he'd pick Vitali over a lot of the ATG HWT's.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Junior Gong made same point in the other thread that Vitali's resume stinks but H2H he'd pick Vitali over a lot of the ATG HWT's.
                  H2H, both Klitschko's are Top 10. But I didn't realize H2H was what we based ATG on.

If that's the case, Joe Louis isn't an ATG and Floyd Mayweather is without question in the Top 10. Of course that's not true, as Joe Louis is in the Top 5/10 all-time and Floyd is around the Top 30 or so, not close to the Top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I'll put Wlad's resume in the Top 20 HW's, but to me neither if them have Top 100 resume's All-Time, which is ATG to me.

I mean we have people on here who say Wlad and Vitali's are ATG's, but that Oscar De La Hoya isn't. That is SHOCKING.
                    When people discuss ATG with the Klitschkos, I assume they mean as far as heavyweights. If we're talking P4P, then this answer to this question is a HHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL no.

Comment

its a pity the klits aren't father and son rather than brothers, it means they both kinda take from the other's greatness. If vitali had been around in say the 80's and early 90's and then wlad in the late 90's to now, they would both be their own men as it were, but as it stands they divide the contenders between them, with wlad usually taking on the higher standard of guys. Vitali has never been able to call himself the best in the world, (despite the fact that for a time he probably was) he's never been able to prove it cause he can't fight the best in the division ie his brother. The fact that there are no great wins on his record is a pity cause I'm sure he'd give any of the ATG's a real tough fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X