No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr Or Jake Lamotta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr Or Jake Lamotta?

Who do you think should be remembered as the greater fighter and why?
    Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM.

Jones Jr. is clearly the better fighter but LaMotta did more, and will rank higher for most.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Jones Jr. is clearly the better fighter but LaMotta did more, and will rank higher for most.
      LaMotta did more??? what do you mean??? he was a 1 time Middle Weight Champ....Roy Jones accomplished more than Lamotta and thats fact

Comment

i dont think jones greatness will appreciated til later on. i love watching lamotta just for iron chin. i think roy takes it on the goat list but lamotta will be ahead of him for a while until ppl realize how great rjj is.

Comment

Originally posted by ManniePhresh View Post
          i dont think jones greatness will appreciated til later on. i love watching lamotta just for iron chin. i think roy takes it on the goat list but lamotta will be ahead of him for a while until ppl realize how great rjj is.
          i get sick of everyone downplaying Roy Jones' achievements.....so-called historians rank Bob Fitzsimmons so high because he won the middleweight, heavyweight then light-heavyweight crown.....****e Roy did the same thing and gets no love....i don't understand the Roy hate

Comment

jake lamotta

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Hymns View Post
              i get sick of everyone downplaying Roy Jones' achievements.....so-called historians rank Bob Fitzsimmons so high because he won the middleweight, heavyweight then light-heavyweight crown.....****e Roy did the same thing and gets no love....i don't understand the Roy hate
              You do realize that there was only one title in Fitzsimmons day?

To accomplish the same thing, Roy would have at least had to fight Lennox Lewis instead of cherry picking Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                You do realize that there was only one title in Fitzsimmons day?

To accomplish the same thing, Roy would have at least had to fight Lennox Lewis instead of cherry picking Ruiz.
                peter maher wasn't anything special tho

i'd pick ruiz over maher and corbett

Comment

roy jones jr

Comment

Lamotta is one of my favorite's but he was not as good or didnt do as much as roy jones, if both fighters would of met in there primes roy beats jake, but lamotta beats the middleweight version of roy who was ibf champion at the weight and was a bit a way from his prime years.

Comment

Working...
                    X