No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Praises Vazquez, Talks Broner-Rees, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Praises Vazquez, Talks Broner-Rees, More

WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns told Sky Sports Ringside that fighting IBF champion Miguel Vazquez on March 16th will be trickier fight than taking on WBC king Adrien Broner, who faces Gavin Rees later tonight. Burns has no problem with traveling over to America to take Broner on and says there was a conflict of dates that prevented their match from taking place.

"People say that I've been avoiding Adrien Broner - that's not the case. The only reason I didn't take it was due to the lack of time I had to prepare. If the date was moved, I wouldn't have a problem fighting Adrien Broner. Going over to America is something I've always wanted to do - I don't mind travelling because a boxing ring is a boxing ring, but I believe Miguel Vazquez, style-wise, could be a trickier fight than Adrien Broner," Burns said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Burns redeemed himself, for me, by signing to fight Vazquez. I wouldn't call him a duck, he just didn't want to fight with such little time to prepare for a real tough fight against Broner. Hopefully we get Broner vs the winner of Burns vs Vazquez this year. If it's Vazquez, I don't expect to see that fight get signed because of GBP-TR, so I would be happy with Abril if he beats Bogere.

Comment

Yeah, if Burns beats Vasquez hopefully Frank will let him Broner. If not, maybe we'll see Burns-Khan later in the year.

Comment

The Broner-burns fight is building up nicely, and we could end up with a mini-Mayweather-Hatton type of hype/fight. Am patient and hopefully this fight would happen this year before Broner moves up and then gets accuse of ducking Burns at 135 just like Ricky Hatton avoid the Mayweather fight 3 times before Mayweather moved up to 147.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Burns redeemed himself, for me, by signing to fight Vazquez. I wouldn't call him a duck, he just didn't want to fight with such little time to prepare for a real tough fight against Broner. Hopefully we get Broner vs the winner of Burns vs Vazquez this year. If it's Vazquez, I don't expect to see that fight get signed because of GBP-TR, so I would be happy with Abril if he beats Bogere.
          Vasquez is promoted by Zanfer Promotions.

Comment

Since when is Gavin Rees considered Ricky burns' countryman?

Ones welsh and the other is Scottish!

Boxingscene reporters need to be more thorough!

Comment

Zanfer is very closely associated with Top Rank.

If Vasquez beats Burns I'm not expecting to see Broner fight him because of the feud with Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Zanfer is very closely associated with Top Rank.

If Vasquez beats Burns I'm not expecting to see Broner fight him because of the feud with Golden Boy.
                TR has nobody at 135 for Vasquez. It would be very stupid of Zanfer to prevent Broner/Vasquez from happening.

Comment

what happened?thought adrien broner was the one avoiding fights?is that not what the haters have been insinuating the past week

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    TR has nobody at 135 for Vasquez. It would be very stupid of Zanfer to prevent Broner/Vasquez from happening.
                    Top Rank has nobody at 140 or 147 either. Yet they still won't negotiate with Golden Boy in those weight classes.

If Bob exerts his influence the same situation can happen with Broner/Vasquez.
                    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X