• Show
Clear All

• ken norton suffers stroke

just read on twitter that he had a stroke abt 4 hours ago

http://www.secondsout.com/news/main-...suffers-stroke

my prayers are with him and his family

I love Kenny Norton.

I seriously hope everything will be ok.

We can't lose Frazier, Dundee, and him all in the span of 6 months or so.
    Last edited by PUK_MY_DANG_34; 08-09-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I hope that it was not a bad stroke. all i can do is hope for the best, i suppose.

some people suffer strokes and make full recoveries. some people are never the same.

here's what he looked like in his prime. when he was in fighting shape he looked like he was carved out of wood or marble..

this one was on the cover of the boxing register for years. it's one of the first books i ever owned about boxing. i was probably less than ten years old. i think they're still releasing new editions.

Comment

Originally posted by New England
        some people suffer strokes and make full recoveries. some people are never the same.
        Unfortunately, the people Ive known never fully recovered from their stroke and its saddening. Strokes are a scary thing, the way they can just change people.

Hopes and prayers are with Kenny. Hope he recovers well.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Hope he pulls through.

Comment

Hope it wasn't too serious. That's not any easy thing for the person that suffered the stroke or their family.

Comment

i saw him and even took a couple of pics with him he didnt look that bad but he was riding a electrical mobile wheel chair he was right nexts to me in the hopkins vs dawson 2 fight......with that said i hope he gets better ill pray for him

Comment

I find it amazing how someone like Ken Norton can have a stroke and only 4 hours later, the whole world knows.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  I hope that it was not a bad stroke. all i can do is hope for the best, i suppose.

here's what he looked like in his prime. when he was in fighting shape he looked like he was carved out of wood or marble..

this one was on the cover of the boxing register for years. it's one of the first books i ever owned about boxing. i was probably less than ten years old. i think they're still releasing new editions.
                  One the GOAT heavies. Reminds me of something M. Buffer said about Frazier, "206 pounds of chiseled ebony steel" or something along those lines. We can only wish Kenny the best. Love the guy as a fighter. True gladiator.

Btw, the BC' belt was ****ing crazy awesome in 78'.

Comment

Norton is the essence of a Warrior! Take no prisoners and its him or me!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X