Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can all my fellow PRicans FINALLY admit that Floyd would EMBARRASS Cotto?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For TS

I dont see how based on yesterday performance you could assume since floyd had his way with Marquez that he would toys with cotto.

Marquez is a better counter puncher then cotto at the lower weight classes not at welter.

Floyd did not fight the same fighter that Marquez has shown himself to be at the lower weight class. for christ sake Marquez had love handles. Marquez is a lot slower at welter than he was before. regardless floyd is bigger and techincally more skilled than Marquez so of course he won. this is why the media and most fans perceived or knew it was going to be a mismatch

I have yet to see a floyd fight were he look too impressive at welter fighting welter weights that would indicate he would toy with cotto or mosely.

floyds only fights against welter were judah and baldo. based on those performances he would not toy or destroy the likes of cotto or mosely.

You already saw what cotto did to zab judah and cotto and mosely would put the kind of beat down on baldo that would later result in assault charges.

so how do you figure floyd would put a beat down on cotto?

Comment

• Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
      Dude, you dug your self in a **** hole you dont even know which way is up anymore... Floyd might beat Cotto but **** about your fellow PRicans admitting he would get EMBARASSED and speaking for all of us is ******ed. Dont go on comparing how Marquez is at Cotto's level at 47, only making yourself sound dumber. Vamo a dejarlo ahi....
      Maybe I overstated it a bit in my thread title, but what I really want is for all the underthought bias to stop. What I truly want, like I said in my first post, is for people to analyze both fighters deeply, and I believe that if they do so with objectivity, it will be impossible to think that Cotto is the one with the upper hand in this matchup.

Even in this topic you see a difference between those who just insult me and those who say that even though they think Cotto will win or has a good chance, that they understand Floyd is an extremely tough opponent. That's what I want to see. Those cats have thought about this, instead of just rooting for their hometown guy and lynching everyone who disagrees.

Comment

• JMM was too small for the weight. Floyd gets no credit from me for beating a natural FW.

Cotto is a real WW and would give Floyd a real fight and some **** to think about.

This thread is started by a self hating PR who is also a moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Navyboxer1109 View Post
          Excllelent point, and did you see the size difference when Mosely called out mayweather? Naturally bigger, and he looked wider at the shoulders and all around more than Mayweather is willing to handle. That's been Floyd's claim to fame, ducking bigger more able opponents. JMM, bless his warriors heart, should have seen Floyd's plan as using him to look good, from the moment he didn't make weight, and then when he refused to give his actual weight for the fight. If FLoyd's as great as many claim him to be, these tactics would be totally unneccesary. A great champion (Cotto ) puts it on the line, and faces what's before him, without trying to manipulate the system to his favor and advantage. Tito Yuca es un Yuca de verdad. lol
          LOL so let me get this straight, you say Cotto and Mosley are much bigger and Floyd is a ***** for ducking them, yet when Floyd fights a smaller guy he is a cherry picker and a coward? Shouldn't you then, by using your own logic, diss Mosley and Cotto if they fight Floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
            JMM was too small for the weight. Floyd gets no credit from me for beating a natural FW.

Cotto is a real WW and would give Floyd a real fight and some **** to think about.

This thread is started by a self hating PR who is also a moron.
            Seriously, keep it coming. Y'all just make yourself sound ignorant with replies like these.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2120 View Post
              For TS

I dont see how based on yesterday performance you could assume since floyd had his way with Marquez that he would toys with cotto.

Marquez is a better counter puncher then cotto at the lower weight classes not at welter.

Floyd did not fight the same fighter that Marquez has shown himself to be at the lower weight class. for christ sake Marquez had love handles. Marquez is a lot slower at welter than he was before. regardless floyd is bigger and techincally more skilled than Marquez so of course he won. this is why the media and most fans perceived or knew it was going to be a mismatch

I have yet to see a floyd fight were he look too impressive at welter fighting welter weights that would indicate he would toy with cotto or mosely.

floyds only fights against welter were judah and baldo. based on those performances he would not toy or destroy the likes of cotto or mosely.

You already saw what cotto did to zab judah and cotto and mosely would put the kind of beat down on baldo that would later result in assault charges.

so how do you figure floyd would put a beat down on cotto?
              For starters, by watching them both fight at 140 I knew that Floyd would whoop him if they ever met in that weight class. In fact, all of PR knew it, and they didn't want Cotto to meet Floyd there, same as Arum. It was only after Arum started that "Floyd is ducking Margarito campaign" that he began to manipulate others and make them think that HIS fighters (Tony and Cotto) would beat him. As gullible as the fight-viewing public is, they believed it.

Now, you ask based on what do I say that Floyd would beat Cotto, and also mention that his fights against Judah and Baldomir aren't enough to support my case. I believe they are. Floyd has shown he carries his speed up to 147. He might not throw many combinations, but his one-and-done style is extremely effective. By the way, I don't know why PRicans **** on that style so much, that was exactly what Camacho did (but with A LOT more running around the ring and a worse KO ratio) and everyone here seemed to love him. Maybe because he is PRican and Floyd isn't?

Going back to the subject, I ask the opposite question to you. What have you (or anyone else) seen from Cotto that makes you think he would beat Floyd? Now THAT I do not see. I see a guy who in his victories gets hit almost the same amount of times he hits his opponent. I see a guy who makes too many mistakes in the ring. He leaves himself open too much, is overly patient at times, and has stamina issues. All of these are flaws that Mayweather would exploit to death with his vast array of skills. His hand speed, counterpunching ability, fast feet, great stamina, and adaptability would be too much for Cotto handle. I say this not based on one particular fight, but after watching Floyd throughout his whole career. The reason I made this topic today is because I felt it needed to be said, since anyone who doesn't want to give Floyd his props is just a biased hater.

Comment

• it wouldnt even be close, id be surprised if cotto could win just 1 round.

Comment

• I think JMM is a better boxer and counter puncher then Cotto.

JMM speciality is to pressure and couterpunch his oppenet mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
                    For starters, by watching them both fight at 140 I knew that Floyd would whoop him if they ever met in that weight class. In fact, all of PR knew it, and they didn't want Cotto to meet Floyd there, same as Arum. It was only after Arum started that "Floyd is ducking Margarito campaign" that he began to manipulate others and make them think that HIS fighters (Tony and Cotto) would beat him. As gullible as the fight-viewing public is, they believed it.

Now, you ask based on what do I say that Floyd would beat Cotto, and also mention that his fights against Judah and Baldomir aren't enough to support my case. I believe they are. Floyd has shown he carries his speed up to 147. He might not throw many combinations, but his one-and-done style is extremely effective. By the way, I don't know why PRicans **** on that style so much, that was exactly what Camacho did (but with A LOT more running around the ring and a worse KO ratio) and everyone here seemed to love him. Maybe because he is PRican and Floyd isn't?

Going back to the subject, I ask the opposite question to you. What have you (or anyone else) seen from Cotto that makes you think he would beat Floyd? Now THAT I do not see. I see a guy who in his victories gets hit almost the same amount of times he hits his opponent. I see a guy who makes too many mistakes in the ring. He leaves himself open too much, is overly patient at times, and has stamina issues. All of these are flaws that Mayweather would exploit to death with his vast array of skills. His hand speed, counterpunching ability, fast feet, great stamina, and adaptability would be too much for Cotto handle. I say this not based on one particular fight, but after watching Floyd throughout his whole career. The reason I made this topic today is because I felt it needed to be said, since anyone who doesn't want to give Floyd his props is just a biased hater.
                    people cant accept the fact a jerk is one of the best boxers in the world.

Even if a person is a jerk and cocky but you gotta respect his skills.

by the way Margarito called out Floyd after he fought against a fighter named Manuel Gomez. That is a good way to start you call up.

When Floyd started to fight Zab people said he should be fighting Baldomir at first.

Cotto had hard time with Clottey as well as when Cotto fought Michael Jennings or Alfonso Gomez nobody critize him.

or nobody critize Margarito for not wanting a Paul William rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
                      All I'm asking is for you to be reasonable. Floyd just DOMINATED JMM, a guy who is a MUCH better boxer than Miguel Cotto. Everyone seems to say that Cotto has good boxing skills, but we all know they aren't close to Marquez' skills. Cotto would get picked apart in the exact same way, maybe even easier because he is not as cerebral as Marquez.

There's a reason why Arum didn't want to put Cotto with Floyd when they were both his fighters and when they were both JWWs. After Floyd breaks free from Arum, OF COURSE Arum will try to convince the public that Floyd is ducking Cotto; that's what promoters are supposed to do. Don't be so blind and easily-led, don't fall for the propaganda, and just be objective about what you see in the ring. Cotto has never been a good defensive fighter, he gets tagged in one fight the same amount of times Floyd does in 3 fights combined, and don't even come at me with that "Floyd doesn't take risks", because that's what a SMART fighter is supposed to do.

That jab Floyd popped against JMM will be there ALL night against Cotto, and if JMM couldn't counter over it, Cotto sure as hell won't. If Cotto tries to pressure him (which he should do, but I doubt he will because now he seems to prefer moving around the ring), Floyd would back up quickly and keep Cotto at bay with his jabs, straight rights, and left hooks. If Cotto tries to attack the body, he'd leave his face wide open and Floyd would counter him to death.

Again, there is just no way that Cotto could beat Floyd, and he would look foolish trying to do so. Are the Cotto dickriders ready to admit this?

Agreed. I'm a big Cotto but he'd get picked apart all night. PBF aint stopping Cotto - no way but possibly a white wash?

To say that a fighter doesn't take risks kinda goes against what boxing stands for doesn't it? Fighting is risky.

Comment

Working...
                      X