Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Floyd will retire undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
    I am sure he will but it won't mean as much as he thinks it does. He will be in the Joe Calzaghe group of fighters. Guys that have respected talent and kept their "0" but no notable fights that they dared to be great in.
    When someone brings up his name it will be about the guys he could have fought but didn't instead of him being up there with the all time greats.
    Not fighting Pacquiao when they were both prime hurts his legacy IMHO.
    Calzaghe traversed the ocean to make the big fights, Floyd isn't leaving Vegas and retired twice during his prime.......Calzaghe dogged out Kessler when he was undefeated....the same Kessler that basically substantiates Ward's position as an alleged #1 or #2 P4P in the sport. Floyd and Calzaghe are nothing alike, FLoyd is a coward, Joe went 46-0.....Floyd has had to duck, jive,sucker punch and retire just to get 43 wins......Joe pimped out the dudes he fought while coked up too.

Comment

:manyWORD:blah:manyWORD:blah:manyWORD:blah! Floyd wont fight a real threat...THE END

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Same thing with Martinez but people call him a hype job......I don't get it.
        No at least Floyd is fighting the guys at 147

Sergio is coming up with excuses for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          saying what everyone is thinking.
          Its impossible to predict whether Floyd will be undefeated by the time he retires cos no one knows who he is going to fight.

If i could see into a crystal ball and see who he will be fighting until retirement i could make an educated guess on whether Floyd will lose or not.

But no one predicted Pac would lose, but cos Pac fights regularly and tough competition regularly the chances of having an off night are so much greater than if you go Floyds route of once in a while fights.
          he actually didnt have an off night he was winning the fight looking better then he did the third fight he just got beat period

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
            No at least Floyd is fighting the guys at 147

Sergio is coming up with excuses for GGG.
            ya but his name is not floyd mayweather its different somehow

Comment

Calzaghe traversed the ocean to make the big fights, Floyd isn't leaving Vegas and retired twice during his prime.......Calzaghe dogged out Kessler when he was undefeated....the same Kessler that basically substantiates Ward's position as an alleged #1 or #2 P4P in the sport. Floyd and Calzaghe are nothing alike, FLoyd is a coward, Joe went 46-0.....Floyd has had to duck, jive,sucker punch and retire just to get 43 wins......Joe pimped out the dudes he fought while coked up too.

Comment

lol andre ward has a better resume than cokezaghe that's a damn shame

Comment

Come on now, I think most of us can sense that this is likely Floyd's last year in boxing.**He doesn't want to face Alvarez at all and is only taking the Guerrero fight because he views him as less of a threat since he has had to move up in weight a few weight classes to reach welter.

If he is indeed fighting Guerrero (which I can't see who else it could be), I suspect he will probably win a decision in a very close match that involves controversy on the cards.**After this match, he will want to call it a day unless he has an agreement with Canelo to face him in September provided Canelo wins his bout on the May 4th PPV.**I expect Canelo to beat Floyd and make him look old.
                  I'm not sure, I think his ego, the spotlight, the money and the fact he's been around boxing since he was in nappies/diapers means he's going to struggle to walk away. Whilst the money is there and he's relevant I'm not so sure he will be able to walk away undefeated.i reckon he will still be active next year.
                  I don't think he will be another Evander or RJJ but anything is possible in this funny old game called boxing

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                    ya but his name is not floyd mayweather its different somehow
                    Its ok for Sergio to fight Bill Murray next because he has a nicer personality and we dont want him to face challenges like Floyd.

Comment

Mayweather fighting top contenders and top ranked fighters at his weight = cherry picking

To supposedly take a "legit threat" to these so called boxing experts....he has to fight the Middleweight champ who doesn't even fight the best fights in his own weight class.

Comment

Working...
                      X