No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kayode Likely To Make Heavyweight Debut in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kayode Likely To Make Heavyweight Debut in February

Undefeated cruiserweight contender, Lateef Kayode (18-0, 14 KOs), who fights under the Gary Shaw Productions promotional banner, will now be campaigning at the Heavyweight division.

"Kayode is a heavy handed puncher who can easily bring his power up to the heavyweight division," said Gary Shaw. "Right now my matchmaker John Beninati is looking at potential opponents and we are confident Lateef will be successful moving up in weight."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another undersized microbe to queue against the Titanic Leviathans of Wlad, Fury, Price, Helenius etc. Don't care who you are but when was the last time you saw an effective 6'3 or less fighter do anything worthwhile in this division since Holyfield??? We need a new div.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
      Another undersized microbe to queue against the Titanic Leviathans of Wlad, Fury, Price, Helenius etc. Don't care who you are but when was the last time you saw an effective 6'3 or less fighter do anything worthwhile in this division since Holyfield??? We need a new div.
      They come to the heavyweight division because they get paid peanuts at cruiserweight. It's sad. I think the cruiserweight division is the most under utilised division in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        They come to the heavyweight division because they get paid peanuts at cruiserweight. It's sad. I think the cruiserweight division is the most under utilised division in boxing.
        To quote another boxing writer, it's the bastard son division of the heavyweights.

Let him move up. If he's complaining about a division dominated by Euro's, he's going to get the same issue when he moves back to HW.

Comment

Adds a bit of depth to the division, which isn't all bad. It's another name to add to Wladimir's CV.

Comment

Agreed. Wish all the small heavies would just move back down and start fighting eachother. I would love a Super Six - like tournament for the Cruiserweight division. Adamek, Cunningham, Kayode, Huck, etc...

Comment

good move if he is not getting the fights. bj flores will be following. it's tough to getb a CW fight outside europe.

Comment

Wilder-Kayode.....make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  Agreed. Wish all the small heavies would just move back down and start fighting eachother. I would love a Super Six - like tournament for the Cruiserweight division. Adamek, Cunningham, Kayode, Huck, etc...
                  Yes.

Too bad HBO, ESPN and Showtime usually ignore cruiserweights.

In Europe it's a popular division.

Comment

Agreed, Great fighter have come from Cruiserweight yet to this day a underestimated division and underappreciated!

Comment

Working...
                    X