Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have a disease or illness that runs in the family?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Does anyone else have a disease or illness that runs in the family?

Just wondering as I may find out if I'm very susceptible to one or not.

Like 10 months ago my Grandfather died of a heart attack, (clogged arteries). He had a heart transplant 16 years earlier 2 weeks after I was born so he did pretty well considering.

Anyway when he died they did some genetic test and found a gene anomaly which increases the chance of heart failure by quite a bit. This makes sense as one of his four sons (My Dad's brother) also needed a heart transplant.

So they are going to test my uncle and if he comes up positive for this gene then they're going to give everyone related to my Grandfather a test for it.

So, all told, I could have an unfortunate genetic disposition for vital organ failure. Which wouldn't be odd as I am naturally pale, and have a very strong pulse.

I'm not going to mention any names, but there's a dude here, I think from California, who was born with AIDs. I don't know if it runs in the family or not. This is what I was told though, I have no proof if it's true or not. The person is very bitter against certain boxers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Just wondering as I may find out if I'm very susceptible to one or not.

Like 10 months ago my Grandfather died of a heart attack, (clogged arteries). He had a heart transplant 16 years earlier 2 weeks after I was born so he did pretty well considering.

Anyway when he died they did some genetic test and found a gene anomaly which increases the chance of heart failure by quite a bit. This makes sense as one of his four sons (My Dad's brother) also needed a heart transplant.

So they are going to test my uncle and if he comes up positive for this gene then they're going to give everyone related to my Grandfather a test for it.

So, all told, I could have an unfortunate genetic disposition for vital organ failure. Which wouldn't be odd as I am naturally pale, and have a very strong pulse.
      Diabetes and breast cancer occurs a lot on my mothers side, alcoholism on my fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Diabetes and breast cancer occurs a lot on my mothers side, alcoholism on my fathers.
        My mothers side have it lucky, they literally have never had anything. Have been very sheltered from hard work and poor lifestyle their whole life.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I'm not going to mention any names, but there's a dude here, I think from California, who was born with AIDs. I don't know if it runs in the family or not. This is what I was told though, I have no proof if it's true or not. The person is very bitter against certain boxers too.
          It's okay Kev, we won't treat you any different. We all know the 'I have a friend...' line, I can accept you're different.

Alcoholism isn't really a disease that runs in the family, I'd say you're more susceptible to addiction. I'm not aware of any illnesses/diseases that are passed through my family apart from IBS but only the females on my Dad's side have this and luckily I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            My mothers side have it lucky, they literally have never had anything. Have been very sheltered from hard work and poor lifestyle their whole life.
            I dont really understand this post lol

Many of my family members caught thyroid cancer from Chernobyl but it doesnt run in the family

Comment

diabetes father side

Comment

Working...
              X