No announcement yet.

Back to Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Training

Now that this bull**** holiday season is over all the places i train are open again, WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SO, I am going to BJJ tonight and will tryout some of the moves i learned in the Sperry tapes. I learned some good turnovers and new subs.

Tomorrow will be the start of my Muay Thai training. So 6days a week of training for me, 3 of those days will be doubles of BJJ and Thai.

I have never stopped at the gym btw.

good for you, It feels good to be motivated!

Reading your post motivated me to work harder tonight!

Thank you

Comment

Yeah, I am itching to get on the matt...might have to be monday night at this stage due to work and what not.

I hate the holidays for this reason

Comment

NP bro, thats what this forum is for. Ill let you know how the transfer of knowledge from tapes to real mat work turns out.

Comment

Didnt have the chance to use any of the things I learned in those tapes. But for the 1st time I landed the mounted triangle, that makes me happy. I also worked the spider guard ( inside guard, overhead guard) well and landed a sweet kneebar from it.

My submission in general need work. So far (i have only been training for about a month back from a 4yr layoff) I have been working position and technique. I can get out of bad positions well, because I am always in them. My guard pass are improving and so is my guard. I feel that the subs will come with good position. I hope I am right. At this point I just need to roll, the rest will follow.

Comment

i am sooo out of the loop. i have a fight August 23, 2003 and should be atleast at the gym working out since the gym has not been open.

thanks for the motivation.

Comment

Get to work or thatll be you in that rear naked choke!

Comment

good to hear you are back at it wonder, I wouldnt get discouraged by the tape thing not working considering the best subs are stikcing to the basics and once you really get those down is when youll see the opportunities for the extras. All the extra subs are their when you cant get ur basics working (rear naked, arm bar, ankle locks etc....)

Comment

Thanks Crash. Its not that it didnt work, the situation never presented itself.

Did Muay Thai tonight. It was different. I like rolling much better but I have to do it to complete the game. The class itself kicks ass. I must tell you that all of those years of TKD did pay off a bit. My balance, footwork, strength and overall position are still fantastic. The guy who held the bag said I hit like a brick ****house. That felt good!
                  Also noone could believe that it was my 1st Thai class. Woooohoooo!

Comment

keep up the good work bro!

Comment

Working...
                    X