No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Tomlinson Aims To Make a Name at 130, Beyond

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Will Tomlinson Aims To Make a Name at 130, Beyond

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - These days, it’d take a hardcore fan to recognize Will Tomlinson.

In fact, the 26-year-old concedes that when he wanders far enough away from his hometown clique in Melbourne, Australia, few would have any idea they were rubbing shoulders with a world champion.

“It really depends where I am and what environment I’m in,” he said. “If I’m in my local area, then, yeah, I get recognized a bit, but in Australia boxing is not the most popular sport going around, so it doesn’t exactly get the mainstream media it needs to turn boxers in to public icons.”

He’s hoping to make the jump sooner than later.

Tomlinson entered the belted class in November 2011 when he defeated Mexican Alan Herrera to capture the IBO’s vacant title at 130 pounds. He’s since defended it twice, defeating Daniel Ruiz by a bizarre eight-round technical decision – made necessary by a power outage at the fight venue – and unanimously handling Irving Berry over the scheduled 12-round distance.

He’ll take a step up in foes next month when he faces two-time IBF champ Malcolm Klassen – perhaps best known for a competitive 12-rounder with Robert Guerrero in 2009 – in Melbourne on May 16. [Click Here To Read More]

Hey Fitz, There's a big fight in Panama, Saturday did U Forget?

Comment

Will The Thrill Best Get His Game To The US Then; 130-147 Is Loaded W/Talent!

If you want to be recognized as the best, fight the best, in their prime, you best get on a plane and come buy a condo in the US, preferably Big Bear or Vegas. Maidana & Matthysee found out you can't stay in Argentina looking for big fights or you get forgotten about. Prov has been hiding in Russia, and should have gotten the decision of a badly beaten Bradley. Had Prov been calling the states "Home", he would have gotten that decision. Bring your game to the USA, make a name here, or you'll soon be forgotten about.

Comment

Tomlinson is good but, Daniel Ruiz was coming on strong and looking like he was gonna get the k.o. Then the lights go out in the arena?!! And Tomlinson gets the win on points, now that's a hometown decision down under. Ruiz would Smack hi. Around in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
        X