No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade Ready For First Start With Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade Ready For First Start With Hunter

NEW YORK – One of the top prospects in boxing, the talented but untested Demetrius Andrade (18-0, 13 KOs), of Providence, R.I., makes his first start for respected trainer Virgil Hunter when he faces aggressive-minded former world title challenger Freddy Hernandez (30-3, 20 KOs), of Lynwood, Calif., in the 10-round junior middleweight main event on ShoBox: The New Generation doubleheader this Friday, Jan. 25, live on SHOWTIME (10 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).

[Click Here To Read More]

Good fight but his gona dominate him easy, ill cheer for Freddy

I think Andrade aint gona struggle so much like Lara did

Comment

Decent fight for Andrade at this stage. Would like to see him fight a Top 10 SWW in 2013.

Comment

Hes fighting a guy who was knocked out by a Welterweight. Not impressed.

Comment

boo boo has all the tools. hes' a very gifted fighter. he's huge, very fast, and he can really punch.

what he needs is to grow up. his style needs to mature, and so does he.

i had no idea he had even hooked up with hunter. hunter's a busy guy these days. trainer of the year awards will do that for you

if andrade can slow things down and put some real polish on his style he's going to be hard to beat. the kid really is talented. if you have not seen him fight i suggest checking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Hes fighting a guy who was knocked out by a Welterweight. Not impressed.

freddy hernandez isn't an awful fighter. he went rounds with lara recently. this is an appropriate fight for a virtually untested talent like boo boo.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              Good fight but his gona dominate him easy, ill cheer for Freddy

I think Andrade aint gona struggle so much like Lara did
              Lara struggled vs Hernandez? Why? Cause he didn't knock him out or down? Were you drunk on some Haterade while watching the fight? You will be one of those guys coming on here saying Demetrius is better than Lara cause he KOed Hernandez (if he does). Which he could very well be the case but not cause he KOed Hernandez. If you go by that logic I guess Berto is better than Lara too?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                freddy hernandez isn't an awful fighter. he went rounds with lara recently. this is an appropriate fight for a virtually untested talent like boo boo.
                You're right and that's why this is a pretty good fight for Demetrius and glad he's stepping up gradually. We have seen what some vets can do to these young guys when matched up the wrong way. Del Valle and Dulorme come to mind from last year.

PS Since I started watching him Im not sure how to feel about the "Boo Boo" nickname...

Comment

Andrade finally taking a good step up fight. Looking forward to it. Freddy is not some bum. Think he'll be too small to be a serious threat to Andrade though.

Comment

I think people are forgetting the Berto vs Hernandez fight. Berto knocked him down but Hernandez got up and was ready to go. Russell Mora called off the fight.

Russell Mora is one of the worst refs in the game. anybody remember Mares vs Agbeko when Mora clearly saw a low blow and ruled it a KD.

anyways Hernandez is a gatekeeper type fighter and a great test for Andrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X