Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sturm: I Can Still Beat Any Middleweight in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has never, ever, been willing to fight the division's best. Ever. But he has always been willing to talk **** about everybody else avoiding him. Avoided Abraham for years. Avoided GGG when he was the mandatory. Fight Martinez or GGG or shut the eff up

Comment

Originally posted by danielevans3 View Post
      I like Felix sturm and I think he did get robbed against Solomon but can't see where he goes from here I'd like him to fight GGG but don't think he will somehow
      lol somehow as in he is to scarred?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        I thought Strm got robbed. The man is old now and clearly past his prime and he STILL gave guys like Murray, macklin, geale all they could handle. He needs to let his hands go more, he could of Stopped Soliman, but I guess that comes with age. He's still a top middleweight in the world and I think it's pretty obvious he's not going to beat GGG at this point but his fights with Geale and Soliman could of gone either way, IMO. For an old fighter with a lot of mileage on him, Sturm is still fighting at a high level.

A lot of people seem to forget, that Sturm has fought 4-5, top 10-15 middleweights in a row now. You can't say he's been cherry picking his most recent fights, that's for sure:
        Soliman and Murray were borderline cherrypicks, the only reason they're top 10 is their performance vs Sturm. Macklin also didn't have much going on, if you go back prefight it wasn't a bold choice for Sturm. And he was pretty much forced to unify with Geale else fight GG. I don't think he thought there was any way he'd lose to Geale either.

Comment

Lol at the folks who said Sturm got robbed against Soliman. He was tentative, his workrate was dismal and he fought with zero passion. Soliman fought like a wild man; he off balance, he threw punches from weird angles and he left himself wide open for counter punching opportunities half the time. Soliman was the aggressor though and outlanded Sturm. Sturm should be ashamed of himself for such a nonperformance...

Comment

Felix Sturm winding down

Felix Sturm was without question a great middleweight....at one time.. Unfortunately for him he fought Oscar De la hoya and got robbed early on.. It would have been great to see where that victory could have brought him internationally. Despite that loss, that most certainly should have been a W,Sturm has maintained a successful career. That being said I believe Sturm should seek out the true MW contenders to defend his words.. Staying in europe and not fighting some of the great American MW leaves me questioning how great he really is....

Comment

Considering that he lost to Soliman, Geale and IMO to Macklin, I would say no.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                I thought Strm got robbed. The man is old now and clearly past his prime and he STILL gave guys like Murray, macklin, geale all they could handle. He needs to let his hands go more, he could of Stopped Soliman, but I guess that comes with age. He's still a top middleweight in the world and I think it's pretty obvious he's not going to beat GGG at this point but his fights with Geale and Soliman could of gone either way, IMO. For an old fighter with a lot of mileage on him, Sturm is still fighting at a high level.

A lot of people seem to forget, that Sturm has fought 4-5, top 10-15 middleweights in a row now. You can't say he's been cherry picking his most recent fights, that's for sure:
                ----
                This.

Comment

Did I just read that right? Sperm complaining about questionable decisions?

I said that Soliman has a chance at upsetting him prior to the fight, and the fact that he did says more about Sperm's limitations than it does Soliman's abilities.He's been struggling against this level of opposition for years, even when he was at, or at least close to his peak.The decisions against Macklin, Murray, Gevor and Griffin (first fight) were all fights that could have been given against him, but he always got the nod.

Guy's been living off the De La Hoya (a bloated,out of shape De La Hoya at that) fight for years and shamelessly ducked Abraham at a time when that fight would have been huge in Deutschland.

GEDDAF^CKOUDDAERAYABUM!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^

His finest hour.

Comment

Sturm got stopped by Castellejo
                    he better stay at MW, SMW's would be too strong for him
                    why not fight Golovkin? or enter the race for Martinez
                    if he's unencumbered by a belt anymore, go for the real title
                    wouldn't mind a Macklin rematch either

Comment

I like Catic, but he can't expect to win the fight when he lands 8 per round. He needs to let his hands go more. No doubt he is at a different level to Soliman, but for some reason his output has declined radically.

I would like seeing him rematch Geale and I believe he can beat him. I though he won the first Geale fight anyway.
                      And he needs to stay away from GGG. That fight would seal his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X