Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas is not impressed with Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas was a natural 154 pounder who roided to face a former 135 pounder.

Room to talk much vargroid?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      You fight him then!
      Great response. Quality

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
        Vargas wouldv been the dog **** out of the ginger in his prime
        This right here.

Comment

It's funny how both guys are at polar opposite sides of the promoting a new fighter spectrum. One guy got thrown to the wolves and the other guys has been "protected" thus far in his 40+ fight career. Vargas was one of my favorite fighters when I was kid, dude always came to fight and went out on his shield; blood and guts warrior as some would say. It's a real shame they couldn't manage the guy well, he could have been something special.

Comment

I didn't hear Fernando say anything too bad about Canelo!! He is basically just speaking his mind and most would agree with what he said!! I like Canelo though and I would like to see him do well!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
              I really don't know how to have an intelligent conversation with someone who thinks M Hatton is skilled let alone bet on Rosado vs GGG. Better do some more homework
              You're right. I'd prefer if we didn't converse. Easy problem to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                I don't know what exactly it is you guys look for when talking skill. Matt Hatt is easily the best boxer in his family which is no knock on him. Though his resume or lack of a resume at154 is up for question. I was rather impressed with what he did versus Canelo. He's a great test for any hot **** fighter coming up. There absolutely won't be many fighters at 147 or 154 that will knock him out.
                Why stop there?

His resume in general is more than up for question.

And he really is not in Ricky's league. He will tell you that himself. The only reason anyone knows who he is is because he is Ricky Hatton's brother.

He struggles at European level for crying out loud.

He hasn't won a single round at World level.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  It's funny how both guys are at polar opposite sides of the promoting a new fighter spectrum. One guy got thrown to the wolves and the other guys has been "protected" thus far in his 40+ fight career. Vargas was one of my favorite fighters when I was kid, dude always came to fight and went out on his shield; blood and guts warrior as some would say. It's a real shame they couldn't manage the guy well, he could have been something special.
                  You're right, it's too bad he was really good...injuries, ko's, and all that aside...Vargas is young enough to still be around to take this fight had things gone much differently. It's crazy because they resemble each other in the ring sometimes, both were/are nice technical boxers...I think Vargas was a more complete fighter at this stage because he had that willingness and skill to go toe-to-toe on the inside as well.

Even if Canelo does face Trout, that's not the type of risk on a fighter like going in young vs that Quartey.
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Why stop there?

His resume in general is more than up for question.

And he really is not in Ricky's league. He will tell you that himself. The only reason anyone knows who he is is because he is Ricky Hatton's brother.

He struggles at European level for crying out loud.

He hasn't won a single round at World level.
                    Ricky is up for serious question too if we're going there. You could live as long as you want off the Tzsyu win but I didn't think a whole lot more of him either. Don't get me wrong I actually like R. Hatton from a purely entertainment standpoint but that's where it ends. Name the big time fight he didn't get his ass beat other than an older on the way out Tzsyu. I'm including Collazo too. Matt's greatest enemy was his lack of power. My first time seeing him fight was against Canelo and he looked a lot better than expected by me and probably most.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      Ricky is up for serious question too if we're going there. You could live as long as you want off the Tzsyu win but I didn't think a whole lot more of him either. Don't get me wrong I actually like R. Hatton from a purely entertainment standpoint but that's where it ends. Name the big time fight he didn't get his ass beat other than an older on the way out Tzsyu. I'm including Collazo too. Matt's greatest enemy was his lack of power. My first time seeing him fight was against Canelo and he looked a lot better than expected by me and probably most.
                      Stick Matthew Hatton at any weight he wants in the ring with that version of Kosta Tszyu at 140 and see what happens.

Hell, Juan Urango would destroy Matthew Hatton.

Collazo? He'd kill him aswell.

These are fighters who are levels and levels and levels above Matthew Hatton.

If that's the only time you've seen Matthew Hatton I'd suggest you go and take a look at some of his fights.

Those of us that have sadly had to follow his career for no other reason than he is Ricky Hatton's brother and he allowed him on his undercards and have watched him struggle at European level and lower know how (not very) good he is.

Comparing to Ricky is just pure gold. Like I said, I'm sure he would tell you himself that he is not even close to Ricky's league.

Comment

Working...
                      X