No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    Wow just wow.. Easily one of the best fights I've seen live in my life! Yes I was one of the ones saying that Alvarado would win and I was wrong! I don't think Alvarado looks healthy at 140 though, he needs to move up he was already tired by the second round, not a good sign. Should of been the main event!
    Wrong! He looked in great shape...but, you need more than that to overcome that kind of pressure. Great win for Brandon Rios. Insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by HazeAnatomy View Post
      Watching Rios Beat Up another Brawler is pointless and has no merit. We all know he can Bang. What Im interested in is why he got spanked by Abril so bad. Rios can beat any fighter, but CANT beat a smart boxer. Bam Bam is limited and average IMO.
      You know they say the hardest fans to please are boxing fans and you're a prime example. Rios vs Alvarado is pointless?
      You must be joking.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        yes yes we know youre hypin him up early just in case the pac rumor is true. good work youre startin early and all, got alot of work ahead of you. have fun with that
        He hyped his own self up! I betted on Rios to win. By flip of coin though! Alvarado is who i though would win. But Rios is a bad mother fuc8ker! Proved that tonight. The fight i watched showed it! The bigger fighter gave all and he kept coming. Took it all! Gave it all. Only a idiot couldnt give him credit for this win!

Comment

• been telling you mofo's Alvarado is exactly the type Rios shines against but still fun fight while it lasted

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
            I gotta give props to Rios first and foremost. With that being said, IMHO I believe Alvarado could have easily outboxed Rios and coasted to a fairly easy UD if he would have chosen to do so. Obviously that wouldn't be near as fun for us, but I believe the guy that's gonna beat Rios is a guy who doesn't try to go punch for punch with him. When Alvarado used his jab (an amazing 50+ per round) Brandon didn't punch, and when Alvarado would stick and move he was in zero danger.

I would love to see a rematch with these two and see how different the outcome could be if Alvardo decided to box Rios. Hell, I wanna see a rematch even if Alvarado decided to go mano y mano again. These guys MUST rematch!!!!! Hell of a fight, and that's what brings the love of the game back to the fans.
            Completely agree. You can't trade punches with that kind of guys and expect good results. He chose to go into a brawl and paid the price.

Comment

• great win for his first fight at 140lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                In a fight like that with two warriors in the ring, the ref needs to give fighters the benefit of the doubt. Give Alvarado a standing 8 count, and let him go on. Like Max said it felt like we were robbed of an even more epic fight.
                Had he did that Alvarado would have lost anyway because 1 ref had rios up 2 rounds and the other refs had it a draw, and alvarado wasn't gonna stop Rios..

Comment

• Back to the fight Haters...

I actually thought Rios was in trouble when Mike started coming on in those middle rds. It looked to me like brandon was gassing. Mike was starting to create just enough range to begin snapping Brandon's head back with more regularity. I was expecting Rios to go down soon. And then Boom! That right hand changed things at the end of the sixth and then began the start of the end for Alvarado in the 7th.

They gave it their all using their style of fighting. Props to both guys

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    Wrong! He looked in great shape...but, you need more than that to overcome that kind of pressure. Great win for Brandon Rios. Insane!
                    It really doesn't matter If he "looked" like he was in good shape. He looked in good shape at the weigh in but in the ring he looked dry he was only 153 Alvarado is 32, he doesn't naturally weigh 153 lol and he was tired after the second round that means he was drained... Alvarado needs to move up to 147 simple as that not to do shoulda wouldas but had the fight been at 47 Mike would have lasted imo..
                    Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 10-13-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      correct

lol @you guys talkin like rios just took out a p4p guy. yea he made mike fight his fight and took him out. good for him and glad he won, now he can step it up and fight someone who can box his ears off, and see how bad he gets humiliated. rios gets hate cause people make him out to be this brawler god. he jus has alot of power and is good at makin fighters look like trash and fighting his fight. wait til he fights someone with brains, he cant fight nobodies forever...
                      Uhhh, he's with TOP RANK. Soooooo.... it COULD be a while though.

Comment

Working...
                      X