Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing popular in your circle of friends...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is boxing popular in your circle of friends...?

I was just wondering if any of you had friends in your circle that followed boxing closely...

Obviously the majority of us are on this forum are avid boxing fans...

But, outside of this forum I don't know anyone who follows boxing the way I do...from the standpoint that I watch any fight that I can...

The majority of my friends and co-workers don't keep up with boxing at all and only watch fights with say Pacquiao or Mayweather...and even in that they don't know anything about their past fights... other than a year ago...Hype is the main reason they watch it anyway...

They can tell you stuff about every sport except boxing...

Now I'm sure there are plenty of other boxing fans, but I rarely meet a guy or girl who keeps up with fighters without the big name..

If I asked one of my friends what they though of, say Paul Williams they would be lost

A forum is the only place for me to have a legitimate boxing conversation...

Is that the case with you...?

It's popular through me. Although they only care about the WWs.

Comment

Not at all. They'll know the big names like Mayweather and Pac but thats about it. The net is the only place I can get proper boxing talk (sometimes lol)

Comment

I have one friend who follows boxing like I do, although he's fairly new to it, fell out then fell back in. I have another friend who's a fan but doesn't read more than an occasional article on yahoo about boxing, and another friend who LOVES BOXING but doesn't know **** about it, (he's fun during fights).

My wife likes boxing, but she likes the big events & ppv (probably just cause it costs money) she'll watch occsional fights on FNF or HBO BAD but mostly its got to be 2 big named guys.

One co-worker who kind of follows but never watches any fights, (too busy).

Other than that, the rest of my friends don't give a F###

Comment

I just recently fell back into it over the last couple years. My friends buy all the big fights but that's about it. They're much more inclined to follow UFC.

Comment

Nope, its actually why i joined this site. Even tho i don't even post that much.

They love Americas past time baseball.. which i argue used to be and should be boxing, Americas past time that is.

MMA, they love that ****

And the NBA, NFL, march madness, everything but boxing, even Texas holdem over boxing.

They're weak and I tell them that they aren't intelligent enough to be able to depict a sport with the science and drama of boxing.

Comment

Out of all my friends i probably follow boxing more than anyone. A lot of people at my barbershop follow boxing (puerto ricans and mexicans). Other than that not many people that i work with or hang out with follow boxing besides my brother and one of my best friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
                I was just wondering if any of you had friends in your circle that followed boxing closely...

Obviously the majority of us are on this forum are avid boxing fans...

But, outside of this forum I don't know anyone who follows boxing the way I do...from the standpoint that I watch any fight that I can...

The majority of my friends and co-workers don't keep up with boxing at all and only watch fights with say Pacquiao or Mayweather...and even in that they don't know anything about their past fights... other than a year ago...Hype is the main reason they watch it anyway...

They can tell you stuff about every sport except boxing...

Now I'm sure there are plenty of other boxing fans, but I rarely meet a guy or girl who keeps up with fighters without the big name..

If I asked one of my friends what they though of, say Paul Williams they would be lost

A forum is the only place for me to have a legitimate boxing conversation...

Is that the case with you...?
                sort of...although most of my friends follow MMGay and Ufc ****e..

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                  sort of...although most of my friends follow MMGay and Ufc ****e..
                  Same here, although I have one friend who watches boxing

Comment

Only some my black friends like boxing as much as I do.. but everyone else, not really.. I still bring it up whenever I can and sometimes we can talk about pacquiao and mayweather cuz they've heard about them.

My white friends are crazy about mma though =/

Comment

Working...
                    X