Collapse
No announcement yet.

(PIC)Joan Guzman with fractured leg and busted hand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had a strong round 7, was down 4-3 at the end of it, probably 5-3 with round 8, then decided to quit in round 8? Lol yeah right. I defended Ortiz with his broken jaw and people calling him quitter. I guess only like 10 posters on here, or less, really sympathize for injured fighters. The rest are armchair warriors.

I had it 77-74 Khabib at the time the fight went to the scorecard.

With Guzman getting lucky and not getting 2 KD's counted, if he would have never gotten injured, the fight was definitely there to be won. Of course like I said in the RBR thread, even if he did win, I wouldn't be confident with him against the top 5 at 140. He did get knocked down 3 times after all.

Hopefully he doesn't go out like that and comes back after recovering. He showed he's still elusive, has good foot movement, can still box, still has handspeed. Khabib was just the perfect fighter to expose an aging Guzman like I said before the fight.

Comment

He has only himself to blame.

I wish him luck and a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

Joan Guzman photo; Fractured leg and busted hand

By @livefight

Joan Guzman has revealed that he will undergo surgery on his leg following his retirement in the 8th round of his WBA title fight.

"With my folks here in hospital, with the fall I broke leg - on Monday I have surgery then 10 week of recovery and with the grace of God.. .thanks to you for your words of encouragement that will make me I recovered soon...JG"

The Dominican fighter suffered the first defeat of his career against undefeated southpaw Russina, Khabib Allakhverdiev.

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?ne...18&y=2012&m=12
        He got a lickin yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
          I dont see what the problem is, you punch with your hands not your leg.
          Sit down and throw your hardest punch, now stand up and throw your hardest punch, which one has more power?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Sit down and throw your hardest punch, now stand up and throw your hardest punch, which one has more power?
            its not like one of them was sitting down isnt it?

Comment

Dude has the saddest face i ever seen even worse than the African hungry kids in my tv... lets sponsor him.

Comment

Don't care, he's still a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
                  its not like one of them was sitting down isnt it?
                  Your energy travels from your feet all the way to your arms, that's what I was trying to explain. Aside of affecting your punching ability it also affects your ability to slip punches, to move laterally and avoid being pinned against the ropes, walk a fighter down etc. You're basically a sitting duck out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Your energy travels from your feet all the way to your arms, that's what I was trying to explain. Aside of affecting your punching ability it also affects your ability to slip punches, to move laterally and avoid being pinned against the ropes, walk a fighter down etc. You're basically a sitting duck out there.
                    there's always one poster who takes a comment seriously..

Comment

Working...
                    X