No announcement yet.

Dos Santos on Wlad: "...I Could Knock Him Out."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    It's going down but the top guys in boxing keep making a lot more than the top guys in MMA. Hell of a way to go down.
    True, but how long will that last? Whether u die hard boxing fans want to admit it or not boxing is dying, only the top name guys are making noise. What happens when those guys retired?? In boxing most of the time the card is weak except for the main event. In ufc there could be more than 1 title match on the same card! This gives the people more excitement to watch and buy the fight. And I also think dos santos can KO wlad. Dos santos got the fist of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      I see alot of bickering on this thread but noone has answered the question the article poses.

Do any boxing fans think that if dos santos were to land cleanly on wlad it would have enough behind it to knock out or hurt wlad???
      Sure he could hurt Wlad if he landed cleanly just like I could buy myself a yacht if I won the lottery.

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Hold up, this guy thinks he can beat Wlad, THIS GUY!?

Getting whooped on by a supposed MW boxer lmao, I'm not even sure if the guy he is sparring is pro.

I'd pick most journeymen to KO Dos Santos.
      Wow thanks for this video. I don't watch MMA so I never seen dude fight but damn he got manhandled. I think even Pac could give him a good go, at least for a few rounds.

Originally posted by Evol View Post
      True, but how long will that last? Whether u die hard boxing fans want to admit it or not boxing is dying, only the top name guys are making noise. What happens when those guys retired??
      Canelo a 22 yr old just made 2 million fighting a B level guy. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's already higher than the highest payday in MMA right? Or close to it at least?
      Last edited by Light_Speed; 10-30-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Why is he fighting for relative chump change in the ufc thrn

Comment

Even Amirs khan makes more than the top ufc fighters

Comment

It's going down but the top guys in boxing keep making a lot more than the top guys in MMA. Hell of a way to go down.
            its a different market. MMA didnt kill boxing more like it killed the WWE. It took that immature fanbase that boxing never had in the first place. I'd say boxing ppvs numbers are pretty much where they have always been.

funny thing is, you know what the front page of world boxing magazine said in 1975? It said boxing is dieing. So pretty sure it wont die.

Last but not least, dos santos ge'ts knocked the **** out by Wladmir he just wants a payday.
            Last edited by them_apples; 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Hold up, this guy thinks he can beat Wlad, THIS GUY!?

Getting whooped on by a supposed MW boxer lmao, I'm not even sure if the guy he is sparring is pro.

I'd pick most journeymen to KO Dos Santos.

Yea cuz if the fight was to happen dos santos will not train at all and will just come to fight right...........

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                True, but how long will that last? Whether u die hard boxing fans want to admit it or not boxing is dying, only the top name guys are making noise. What happens when those guys retired?? In boxing most of the time the card is weak except for the main event. In ufc there could be more than 1 title match on the same card! This gives the people more excitement to watch and buy the fight. And I also think dos santos can KO wlad. Dos santos got the fist of steel.
                The fact is MMA is big in the US, but globally Boxing is still huge. Is Boxing dieing, far from it. When in the history of MMA has a fight made over 5 mill a fight; never! The bigget PPV doesn't even match the top 20 biggest boxing matches, even current ones!
                Most MMA fighters like Dos Santos could not make it in Boxing, so decided to get into MMA. Enough said about Talent in the form of boxing. Yes dos Santos has the best boxing skills next to Anderson Silva but that is in MMA.

And in order to talk about the sport of boxing, learn and know it because your arguement is title fights; I'm gonna take it your @$$ doesn't watch any boxing what so ever!

Comment

the glove size of mma to boxing is way different so i think Dos Santos power will diminish once he puts boxing gloves. wlad ko's him

Comment

Sure he could hurt Wlad if he landed cleanly just like I could buy myself a yacht if I won the lottery.

Wow thanks for this video. I don't watch MMA so I never seen dude fight but damn he got manhandled. I think even Pac could give him a good go, at least for a few rounds.

Canelo a 22 yr old just made 2 million fighting a B level guy. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's already higher than the highest payday in MMA right? Or close to it at least?
                    I believe the biggest pay day for an MMA fighter was 2 million and it was Anderson Silva their cash cow.
                    And MMA fans say boxing is dead, what a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                      The fact is MMA is big in the US, but globally Boxing is still huge. Is Boxing dieing, far from it. When in the history of MMA has a fight made over 5 mill a fight; never! The bigget PPV doesn't even match the top 20 biggest boxing matches, even current ones!
                      Most MMA fighters like Dos Santos could not make it in Boxing, so decided to get into MMA. Enough said about Talent in the form of boxing. Yes dos Santos has the best boxing skills next to Anderson Silva but that is in MMA.

And in order to talk about the sport of boxing, learn and know it because your arguement is title fights; I'm gonna take it your @$$ doesn't watch any boxing what so ever!
                      Thanks for owning the naked oiled up wrestling fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X