No announcement yet.

Who will Broner fight on May 4th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will Broner fight on May 4th?

We were told he may be on the undercard then news on him went dead. Would be awesome if he fights Burns.

Well it wont be burns as it will be less then 2 months after his fight and Broner wont fight as a 3rd tier undercard fight either

Comment

Gamboa.....

Comment

He said on Ringside yesterday if Ricky Burns ducks him again he's moving to 140.

I'd love to see Burns-Broner on this card but that's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He said on Ringside yesterday if Ricky Burns ducks him again he's moving to 140.

What if Vasquez beats Burns?

Comment

Broner isn't fighting on May 4th. I can see Broner fighting maybe at the end of May, against the Bogere/Abril winner, or wating until June/July to fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I can't fathom why Burns ducked fighting Broner in February, which is the biggest fight for him at 135 and the best fight for him at 135....to fight Vazquez, which is probably just as risky and tough, and not quite as big???

Comment

I don't think GBP puts him on this card. Broner has a contract with HBO. They want him to headline his own events. If he does fight on this card maybe they feed him Soto at 140.
                Last edited by Ringlife; 02-15-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Broner isn't fighting on May 4th. I can see Broner fighting maybe at the end of May, against the Bogere/Abril winner, or wating until June/July to fight again.
                  he claims that he wants to fight on the may 4th card.........(if the rees fight is a walk through)

i think thats one of the reasons why rees was chosen (as a tune up for may 4th)

Comment

Abril could take the fight if he beats Bogere. The only thing for Broner to do at 135 is unify the titles. There's nothing else of interest there in boxing terms. I'm sure GBP would be happy to let him knock out cans for a while but HBO might not keep paying for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X