No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Chisora's Future, Froch-Kessler on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Chisora's Future, Froch-Kessler on PPV

The British heavyweight scene, already bursting with good talents like David Haye, David Price and Tyson Fury, shall be further enriched if the British Boxing Board of Control show compassion and allow Dereck Chisora back into their fold. The bad boy of the division has been black balled following his involvement in the shameful behaviour before, during and after his WBC world title challenge to Vitali Klitschko in Munich last year.

Del Boy, lest anyone forgot, slapped his opponent at the weigh-in, sprayed water from his own mouth into the face of Vitali's goading brother Wladimir during the ring intros, then got caught up in an unsavoury bare knuckle dust up with David Haye at the post fight presser.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not seen it, the tragic death of the Indonesian boxer, but if you're in a prize fight and you need it stopped, you don't raise your hands - you go down, on a knee or more. Not seen it, so it's not obvious how bad the actions of the referee were.

Taking a knee is something that should be taught more in boxing gyms. The top top fighters often do it. Cotto did against Margarito. Haye did against Mormeck, Berto did against Ortiz, sometimes you just need to get your senses back and it can be a critical moment where those 10seconds can be the difference between an imminent knockout and a massive recovery.

Sadly it is seen as dishonorable or cowardly and isn't mentioned in most boxing gyms, so fighters stay upright when getting their senses beaten out of them.

Comment

Typical Warren, always complaining.

I don't mind that Froch-Kessler is on PPV. It's an excellent match-up, and, for once, I won't have to endure Buncey, Lillis and Cleverly. Also, i'm pretty sure Sky will be showing the Bute fight from Montreal on the same night.

Comment

"During my 30 years in this industry, I've worked with my share of ogres but Chisora certainly isn't high among them.

Privately educated and raised in the affluent Temple Fortune district of north London, he didn't start boxing until his late teens, initially to shed some blubber."

So Chisora who was raised in an affluent community and has two assault convictions for assaulting a woman and a police officer isn't an ogre? What does someone have to do to be considered an ogre in Warren's mind, rape a nun or child?

Comment

He's right about Hearn criticising PPVs in the past.

Comment

I hate that Froch/Kessler is on PPV. I will by it, but I'm not happy about it. **** you. **** you all in your stupid asses.

Comment

He lost his last 4 fights? Don't think many people care if he gets his license or not.

Comment

He sounds jealous that he has nothing to do with putting on Froch-Kessler 2.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  He lost his last 4 fights? Don't think many people care if he gets his license or not.
                  Nolove, He's lost 3 of his last four, mate. But 4 of his last five - I know what you mean.

But he was woefully out of shape against Fury (his own fault), robbed against Helenius, gave Vitali his toughest bout since Lewis & then pushed Haye in a war.

Boxing fans care about exciting fighters win or lose. You only have to check the popularity of Gatti, Ward, Hearns & others to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                    I think otherwise, people like to watch Chisora.

and credit to him, he'll fight anyone, anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X