Haye vs Klitschko is the second ever unification bout of 2 hard punchers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye vs Klitschko is the second ever unification bout of 2 hard punchers

I checked my database and couldn't believe it:

• There have been 78 heavyweight world champs to date (including David Haye and Wladimir Klitschko)
    • Of these 78 there have been only 40 clashes between champs who are hard punchers (KOratio 75%+) (e.g. Mike Tyson vs Frank Bruno).
    • Of these 40 clashes only 1 so far has been a unification match: Wladimir Klitschko vs Sultan Ibragimov.
    • David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko is therefore only the second time 2 hard punchers will unify the belts in a real heavyweight fight.

Important note: The KOratio includes all fights of the whole career, including sub-200-lbs fights, and excludes the fights against each other and exlcudes headbutt fights, wins by DQ and NC.

In other words: We see here history in the making. In the whole history of boxing (since 18xx) NOTHING like this fight has ever been witnessed.

Wladimir Klitschko outperforms one previous champ after the other.

In the unlikely case I should have missed a unification match, please reply here.
    Last edited by hweightblogger; 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM.

interesting statistic thanks

Comment

Tyson-Smith

Tyson-Tucker

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Tyson-Smith

Tyson-Tucker
        Nope.

Since when has Smith a KOratio of 75%+?

I am not talking about mere unification matches. I am talking about unifications of very hard punchers.

Comment

Bonecrusher was a puncher. If your statistic doesn't show it then it's faulty. Calzaghe might have had a KO ratio of 75+ but he shouldn't be classified as a puncher in my book.

What about Tucker?

Comment

Bonecrusher was a puncher.
            I don't doubt that some might consider him a puncher. But I clearly stated KOratio 75%, not Bonecrusher's 50%+ which is borderline featherfisty with a KOratio similar to Chris Byrd. Half of his opponents he didn't KO.

Calzaghe might have had a KO ratio of 75+ but he shouldn't be classified as a puncher in my book.
            This thread is about about heavyweight, as I stated in the first post. I couldn't mention "heavyweight" in the title since the max chars were reached.

What about Tucker?
            Tucker is a runner up, but also doesn't reach 75%.
            Last edited by hweightblogger; 06-29-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
              I don't doubt that some might consider him a puncher. But I clearly stated KOratio 75%, not Bonecrusher's 50%+ which is borderline featherfisty with a KOratio similar to Chris Byrd. Half of his opponents he didn't KO.

This thread is about about heavyweight, as I stated in the first post. I couldn't mention "heavyweight" in the title since the max chars were reached.

Tucker is a runner up, but also doesn't reach 75%.
              Has your statistic been taken as from UP TO THE ACTUAL TIME OF THE UNIFICATION BOUT??

Or from the fighters' total careers?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                Has your statistic been taken as from UP TO THE ACTUAL TIME OF THE UNIFICATION BOUT??

Or from the fighters' total careers?
                As I wrote in the first post: Whole career. The reason is that the whole career (= more fights) is far more significant than 20 or so fights. It's far easier to have KOed your first 15 opponents in your first 20 fights (= 75%) than 39 opponents in 52 fights.
                Last edited by hweightblogger; 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X