No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Foreman Discusses Bernard Hopkins-Jean Pascal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Foreman Discusses Bernard Hopkins-Jean Pascal

Big" George Foreman Discusses The Possibility Of Bernard Hopkins Breaking His Record As The Oldest Fighter In Boxing History To Win A Significant World Title

[Click Here To Read More]

you must get a knockout. This fight and the record will not be broken on a unanimous decision.
    I stopped reading right there.

Nice to see George still thinks everything revolves around knockouts. I think a UD will quite clearly make Hopkins the oldest man to ever hold a title.

Regardless of whether or not "Big George" wants to recognize it.

Comment

I must be a glutton for punishment, because I just read the entire article.

This bit in particular made me LOL.

Understand these fights generally are not won by decisions. In the later rounds, he should look for a knockout, like I did.
      George, the reason you had to look for a knockout was because you lost every damn round to Moorer. Hopkins won't need a knockout, because he'll be putting on a boxing clinic.

Comment

foreman got beat up against moorer for ten rounds and landed a lucky one two

hopkins beat pascal in a young man way out punching out hustling and out boxing he will be a ud because he will make the adjustment that pascal is incapable of doing

kick some ass bernard

Comment

I didn't even read the article because I saw Foreman's name in the title I knew it was going to contain nonsense.

Glad to see he didn't disappoint though.

Comment

The full article is a very good read.

See who encouraged Foreman to come back--Holmes, Ali, Frazier!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I didn't even read the article because I saw Foreman's name in the title I knew it was going to contain nonsense.

Glad to see he didn't disappoint though.
              I think it'd be funny, if it weren't so sad.

After all these years, George is still completely and utterly obsessed with the knockout.

It's like fights that end in decisions don't even exist in his world ; you have to get a knockout or you lose.

And he said Hopkins has a big punch? 15 years ago, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                I think it'd be funny, if it weren't so sad.

After all these years, George is still completely and utterly obsessed with the knockout.

It's like fights that end in decisions don't even exist in his world ; you have to get a knockout or you lose.

And he said Hopkins has a big punch? 15 years ago, yeah.
                If you aren't going for the knock out you are losing in his mind and he certainly won't like what a guy is doing if they are not going for a stoppage.

It is funny because he is the exact same but I will be damned if I am going to take him very seriously with such a narrow view of the sport.

I guess at least he is consistent though got to give him that.

Comment

Winning without KO seems to be meaningless for Big George. But judging from the pre fight hypes, I see Hopkins on fire more than Pascal. BH may well win this fight by KO in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    If you aren't going for the knock out you are losing in his mind and he certainly won't like what a guy is doing if they are not going for a stoppage.
                    And that right there is why he was such a horrible commentator for HBO back in the day. Any fight, no matter the significance ; he always favored the "puncher". Even if it was two skilled boxers going at it, whoever hit harder ; George was supporting him.

It was laughable.

Winning without KO seems to be meaningless for Big George. But judging from the pre fight hypes, I see Hopkins on fire more than Pascal. BH may well win this fight by KO in the later rounds.
                    I don't see it.

I can see a TKO for Hopkins in the later rounds, though. Providing he has enough stamina and engages Pascal in a similar fashion to what he did the first time out. If he's active enough, there's no doubt in my mind he stops Pascal.

But as much as I love and respect the guy ; Hopkins hasn't exactly been known for his consistency over the past 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X