Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't hear much clamoring for Lucian Butes home fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Lucian Bute drew a crowd of nearly 20,000 in Montreal for his fight with Bika and every one of his fights afterwards.

Andre Ward drew less than 4000 for his fight with Bika.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Today was only Bute's second fight in his native country of Romania! Ward has had all his fights against decent opponents in his home state of California.
    Plus Ward is in th Super 6 where every other fighter fought outside their hometown.

and in terms of Montreal's money and drawing power even guys like Hopkins want to fight there cuz they know they can make more money

Comment

andre ward is half white too.... and european

Comment

the super 6. it's not really fair that ward didnt have to travel and everyone else in the tournament did. if bute was in the tournament people would feel the same way if he fought all of his fights in montreal

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
          Bute isn't as high profile as Ward
          wait what?

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            It's cuz Lucian Bute is white. Is that the answer you wanted to hear?

Actually I've heard ppl complain about him fighting at home all the time. They think Andrade got cheated because of it.
            Well Andrade did but Bute rematched and ko'd him in brutal fashion, other than that 1 fight who cares because he is stopping pretty much everyone so no crooked officiating coming into play in addition to no reason for him to leave because he draws a huge crowd as it was already explained here.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
              andre ward is half white too.... and european
              That might be so, but he isn't viewed that way by the general public. Most just consider him full black, even tho I knew he was white too.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                It's cuz Lucian Bute is white. Is that the answer you wanted to hear?
                No, not at all. Although, I do think there is a lot of people that do hate blacks on this site, I feel that mainly people on this site hate American fighters. It's just what I've seen throughout the years on this website. I can understand that some people hate the new American style, I'm not a huge fan of it myself but no matter who it is, even if they haven't seen them or even heard of them an American fighter is labeled as a hype job or called very awful names.

Majority of Europeans(especially Eastern Europeans) do not like Americans. I don't know what has sparked the hatred but they are always trying to discredit American fighters/people, American culture and customs, and anything that is related to America.

Comment

If bute was in the super 6, even Wards promoter would be begging to hold the fight in Montreal

Comment

Canada is Lucian Bute's adopted home. So that is his home.

That's like denying Miguel Cotto has no home field advantage in New York.

Same people that bash Ward for fighting at home, love Bute and defend him fighting at home.

Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      Plus Ward is in th Super 6 where every other fighter fought outside their hometown.

and in terms of Montreal's money and drawing power even guys like Hopkins want to fight there cuz they know they can make more money
                      Exactly.

All the other fighters in the Super Six had to fight in foreign countries, while Ward stayed in his home state.

And the Super Six final would make more money in England, where it would draw 20,000 fans - yet Ward will have home advantage yet again.

Ward's "headbutt & hold" style does nothing for his popularity, in contrast to Lucian Bute's spectacular KOs.

Comment

Working...
                      X