No announcement yet.

Youth Pastor Gets at Jay-Z for Dissing Jesus on Empire State of Mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth View Post
    not sure whats going any more. first you said you dont think jay-z is a devil worshipper, and thats what I said. now your saying well he might be. well so may alot of rappers, who knows? bottomline is i dont think he is. its almost like your mad that i'm still a fan of jay-z....i cant figure out whats going on now? are you saying i'm not a real christ believer? i dont get what that post was for^
    No, im not saying any of that

You keep posting quotes of Jay-z talking about God, obviously theres some kind of a reason for that. I think you're trying to prove something either to me, maybe yourself, or other posters on here

I dont know if Jay-z worships the devil...truthfully, I dont think he does but that doesnt mean anything . He does use alot of satanic symbols. The devil has clearly influenced him, but cant we say the same about all of us? We all give into temptation sometimes. But whats worse, smoking some weed, telling a lie, driving too fast.....or....making satanic symbols more popular then they already are? Its not for me to decide whether or not Jay-z is a devil worshipper, Ill leave that for Jesus because he'll do a much better job then me. I personally dont think so, but I would never be naive enough to say that theres no chance. Anythings possible.

Im not mad at you for being a Jay-Z fan. I might not be as big of a fan as you are but I am a fan myself. I have given him plenty of praise in this thread. Im just saying not to you, but to everyone in general, and including myself...be careful who you look up to.

And last but not least, Im not questioning your dedication to Christ. Everyone is misled at times, including myself. I have not taken the best care of myself since this summer and there was a period where i wasnt talking to Jesus as much as I should have been. But he never let me fall away too far, im still not where I wanna be but im glad that i have spent more time with Jesus over the past month and a half. Im saying this because anyone can question anyones dedication to Jesus, none of us are perfect and we all give into temptation. It is not in anyway my place to question anyones personnel relationship with Jesus Christ, thats his job and I thank God for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Ma$on View Post
      No, im not saying any of that

You keep posting quotes of Jay-z talking about God, obviously theres some kind of a reason for that. I think you're trying to prove something either to me, maybe yourself, or other posters on here

I dont know if Jay-z worships the devil...truthfully, I dont think he does but that doesnt mean anything . He does use alot of satanic symbols. The devil has clearly influenced him, but cant we say the same about all of us? We all give into temptation sometimes. But whats worse, smoking some weed, telling a lie, driving too fast.....or....making satanic symbols more popular then they already are? Its not for me to decide whether or not Jay-z is a devil worshipper, Ill leave that for Jesus because he'll do a much better job then me. I personally dont think so, but I would never be naive enough to say that theres no chance. Anythings possible.

Im not mad at you for being a Jay-Z fan. I might not be as big of a fan as you are but I am a fan myself. I have given him plenty of praise in this thread. Im just saying not to you, but to everyone in general, and including myself...be careful who you look up to.

And last but not least, Im not questioning your dedication to Christ. Everyone is misled at times, including myself. I have not taken the best care of myself since this summer and there was a period where i wasnt talking to Jesus as much as I should have been. But he never let me fall away too far, im still not where I wanna be but im glad that i have spent more time with Jesus over the past month and a half. Im saying this because anyone can question anyones dedication to Jesus, none of us are perfect and we all give into temptation. It is not in anyway my place to question anyones personnel relationship with Jesus Christ, thats his job and I thank God for that.
      So we have no problem then. I guess I'm misreading your prior posts. for the record, i dont agree with everything jay-z or any rapper I listen says. And I think it would be good if Jay-Z finds jesus someday. I do believe he believes in god because I dont sense a evil spirit in him. My mom once said, jay-z seems like he has a good spirit about himself.....when she saw him on TV talking. I agree..

Comment

Yea, i have no problems with anyone...Even the evolutionists and aethiests that will probably come in here and call me out once they read my posts. At the end of the day, its all good and its all love and peace

Comment

"Im just saying not to you, but to everyone in general, and including myself...be careful who you look up to."-Gold Mac

Depends what your looking up to him for. There is alot of positive in Jay-Z's story. Songs like "So ambitious" are about believing in yourself and over coming the odds. In fact, his lyrics compared to harder rappers such as Style P for example arnt even that bad.

"i put my hand on my heart, that means I feel ya
          real recongnize real and you lookin familiar"

Jay-Z doesnt have alot of dark music. But he does have some like any rapper.

Comment

honestly yo i partially agree and disagree

With Jay-Z, its not so much his lyrics...its his symbolism that he uses and affiliates himself with.

And I dont have a problem with listening to killing, stabbing, shooting, dealing drugs, etc....its only when a rapper directly goes at Jesus. Styles P will be the first to say he means none of what he says.

Jay-Z might not be evil but hes associating himself with evil with some of his rap songs and symbolism. Alotta his clothing also has illuminati symbolism.

So basically, im sayin in some ways hes not as bad as a styles P type of rapper, and in some ways hes worse. Some of his music does have positive messages and lines that we can relate too, like so ambitious.

Comment

It would be nice if 50 found Jesus too.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Ma$on View Post
                honestly yo i partially agree and disagree

With Jay-Z, its not so much his lyrics...its his symbolism that he uses and affiliates himself with.

And I dont have a problem with listening to killing, stabbing, shooting, dealing drugs, etc....its only when a rapper directly goes at Jesus. Styles P will be the first to say he means none of what he says.

Jay-Z might not be evil but hes associating himself with evil with some of his rap songs and symbolism. Alotta his clothing also has illuminati symbolism.

So basically, im sayin in some ways hes not as bad as a styles P type of rapper, and in some ways hes worse. Some of his music does have positive messages and lines that we can relate too, like so ambitious.
                But I'm a fan of his music and his overcoming of obstacles to be where hes at. I was saying musically, not clothing wise etc.

Comment

It would be nice if 50 found Jesus too.
                  :krsone

But I'm a fan of his music and his overcoming of obstacles to be where hes at. I was saying musically, not clothing wise etc.
                  Musically, I agree...i feel like you think i hate jay-z, but i think i have been very fair in this thread. I didnt want it to have to go this far but I was kinda pushed along...Its my mistake for starting the thread, but I no longer regret. I feel like I said some very important stuff that may be able to help some people, whether it be people that post here or people that lurk here.

Comment

honestly dude. lol i have no problem with you and i think this thread has become a great discussion. but i'm ready to move on from this thread. lol but everytime i leave it, something else happesn that brings me back. yeah, i agree, i think it turned out to be a great thread in the end. but i think its a good point to move too.

Comment

c/s that my dogg, its time to move on...im gettin tired of posting in here lol

Comment

Working...
                      X