Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara vs. Emanuele Della Rosa WBC Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be a boring bout. Doubt it gets a US network to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      I see he's #3 and I know Rabchenko is caught up with another fight. Lara vs Angulo would be much better. And we know DeCubas doesn't want the Molina rematch either.
      yeah, a molina rematch won't be sought after right now. kirkland on paper beat molina in a "semi-final eliminator", but last i heard of kirkland he's suing everyone around him. hunter and gbp are still in the tune-up phase with angulo i think, so he's not that likely even though it would be an easy fight to make.
      who knows man, imo alvarez has cotto and trout as likely opponents for his next fight. the obvious choice alvarez is looking at for a september fight would be mayweather, so who knows if he can get a title shot. hopefully the wbc enforces alvarez to face his mando, that or give lara some kind of belt for now, haha.

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
      Should be a boring bout. Doubt it gets a US network to show it.
      this fight will probably get thrown on some undercard on showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        yeah, a molina rematch won't be sought after right now. kirkland on paper beat molina in a "semi-final eliminator", but last i heard of kirkland he's suing everyone around him. hunter and gbp are still in the tune-up phase with angulo i think, so he's not that likely even though it would be an easy fight to make.
        who knows man, imo alvarez has cotto and trout as likely opponents for his next fight. the obvious choice alvarez is looking at for a september fight would be mayweather, so who knows if he can get a title shot. hopefully the wbc enforces alvarez to face his mando, that or give lara some kind of belt for now, haha.

Why did lara wear a sombrero??

Comment

This is garbage. It might make ESPN. Minimum wage bout. Give em 10k each. Put them on an undercard. GBP might have it on SHO Extreme.

Comment

And if "ruspa" Della Rosa wins, ¿Canelo vs Della Rosa or Canelo vs Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Lara is biding his time and jumping through the hoops that he has to. Eventually his patience will pay off because they'll have to give him that title shot.

Vanes' career on the other hand is going nowhere.
              Promise you Vanes' career is going towards a much better direction than Lara's. simply cuz Lara is dumb enough to waste his prime years chasing a title he can't get. Anyone in their right mind think GB will risk their cash cow? WBC has made the dumbest reasons to postpone eliminators, I'm sure they'll continue too cuz they have no reason not to.

They screwed vanes over by dropping him from eliminator only cuz his cut hadn't healed. Who does that? How is that justified? It's all bs, vanes winning risks Canelo cuz top rank would force the fight and sue, where as Lara winning that risk is not there cuz Golden Boy promotes Lara and Canelo. Thats why wbc screwed vanes and favored lara, putting him against a guy with 8 kos. This all leads to LARA GETTING SCREWED. U still think he's in a better position than Vanes who will be fighting in a final eliminator for the WBO?

Comment

Very poor eliminator w/Lara having big ht/reach advantage...should have no problem vs a guy w/poor opposition...only real opponent was Zbik...

Comment

Originally posted by tiko123
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll

Lara is biding his time and jumping through the hoops that he has to. Eventually his patience will pay off because they'll have to give him that title shot.

Promise you Vanes' career is going towards a much better direction than Lara's. simply cuz Lara is dumb enough to waste his prime years chasing a title he can't get. Anyone in their right mind think GB will risk their cash cow? WBC has made the dumbest reasons to postpone eliminators, I'm sure they'll continue too cuz they have no reason not to.

They screwed vanes over by dropping him from eliminator only cuz his cut hadn't healed. Who does that? How is that justified? It's all bs, vanes winning risks Canelo cuz top rank would force the fight and sue, where as Lara winning that risk is not there cuz Golden Boy promotes Lara and Canelo. Thats why wbc screwed vanes and favored lara, putting him against a guy with 8 kos. This all leads to LARA GETTING SCREWED. U still think he's in a better position than Vanes who will be fighting in a final eliminator for the WBO?
                  Lara is not chasing ANY of the titles. He's just fighting whoever they put in front of him. You don't see him whining like Vanes cause Canelo didn't sign any contract. Vanes has like 30 fights and just barely debuted on HBO (if I'm not mistaken) and that's cause he was fighting Lara so how you gonna say Lara's career is going nowhere while Vanes' is?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by mex602
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by chiguy91

Why did lara wear a sombrero??
                    He was trolling. The same way he called himself The Punisher his next fight after beating Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by tiko123
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll

PS Lara got the far better resume.
                      Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X