No announcement yet.

Andre Berto is a "B" Class Fighter At Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Both Guerrero and Berto are mid-level fighters. Ortiz, though he got knocked down against Berto, impressed me more than Guerrero did.

Ortiz dominated the fight the last 6 rounds, and ripped Berto up. Guerrero didn't really do that, he just threw more punches and held/threw at the same time, got off more than Berto. Berto did land some big punches but his problem is his work rate and no defense on the ropes whatsoever.

I honestly don't think Floyd should fight anyone but Paacquiao or MAYBE Bradley next (won't happen though).

Guerrero didn't impress me.
    What would have impressed you then? This is his second fight at 147 and put a full blown WW or even LMW (berto was 158 on fight night) on his ass twice and had him hurt. On top of that he took some mean shots from Berto as well and didn't seem to get hurt. Berto is not a great fighter but you are undermining Guerrero. He dominated Berto. I was impressed with his grit and determination.

Comment

People tend to forget the Luis Collazo fight vs Berto. I had Collazo winning but and he was the 1st of 3 southpaws that made life somewhat unconfortable for Berto in that ring.

Comment

If there is a fighter out there who put's all his eggs in one basket, it's Berto.

His entire game is built around his power, if he can't hurt you then he's in the **** as he doesn't have much else. I appreciate someone having confidence in their power, but man, you have to work on some other stuff. When someone like Guerrero comes along that can take your power and push you back.....well, we saw what happened.

Comment

He's C+ at best.

Comment

4Corners, you didn't find absolutely nothing impressive about Guerrero last night? He proved his ability to take a punch cuz he absorbed some wicked head/body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              What would have impressed you then? This is his second fight at 147 and put a full blown WW or even LMW (berto was 158 on fight night) on his ass twice and had him hurt. On top of that he took some mean shots from Berto as well and didn't seem to get hurt. Berto is not a great fighter but you are undermining Guerrero. He dominated Berto. I was impressed with his grit and determination.
              I wasn't impressed by how either fighter looked. Yeah, Guerrero did his thing and did what he had to do to win the fight. But he just basically threw and threw, held and threw, and just threw more punches. A lot of those punches landed for Guerrero were when he was holding Berto or they were clinched, and he'd just throw a body shot when they were clinched.

He didn't really rip Berto up and batter him the last half of the fight the way Ortiz did. Yeah Ortiz got knocked down a couple times early on when they were trading, but the 2nd half of the fight Ortiz dominated Berto and didn't let him do anything. The 2nd half of the fight, Berto was still landing big shots on Guerrero when he threw, his problem was he ate too many punches on the ropes and has no defense whatsoever.

I'd rather see Guerrero fight Maidana, Bradley, or Matthysse.

Comment

Neither one of them looked like world beaters. Average fighters at best.

Comment

Never thought much of him. He has heart and a hard right hand. Not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I honestly don't think Floyd should fight anyone but Paacquiao or MAYBE Bradley next (won't happen though).

Guerrero didn't impress me.
                    Guerrero was very impressive last night against the naturally bigger man.

But it doesn't surprise me that YOU won't give him credit, and we all know why.

Comment

Don't know but the HBO commentators sure seem to think he is an elite boxing specimen.
                      Last edited by mathed; 11-25-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X