No announcement yet.

Oscar's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar's career

what state was Oscar in physically during each of his last 5 fights?
    support your opinion with facts if possible...

for example and , and NOT necessarily my view:

hopkins, prime

mayorga, close to prime

mayweather , significant decline, not prime

forbes, not the same fighter, but not shot

pacquiao, shot, (weight drain could have and probably did play a role)
    Last edited by boxing_pundit85; 06-14-2010, 01:55 AM.

Well Hopkins fought a midget compared to himself.

Comment

Though credit to Oscar to take the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post

hopkins, prime

mayorga, close to prime

actually delahoya's decline started around the time of the mosley rematch.

he was only prime pre-mosley rematch.

Comment

hopkins, prime

mayorga, close to prime

Hopkins: above his best weight, and also past his prime. Still far from "shot" though, and did better than I had expected.

Mayorga: Past his prime, but a good performance coming off a layoff.

Mayweather: Past his prime, but I was impressed with his defense for most of the fight, especially considering the inactivity.

Forbes: Past his prime, and looked worse than he had against Mayweather.

Pacquiao: Shot. I remember after a round or two saying to my friend "Oscar looks shot". While I was rooting for Pacquiao, I wanted DLH to still put up a better fight than that.

Maybe it was the move up in weight as he went to 154 two fights later, but Oscar never looked quite the same after Mosley 1. He looked like he slowed a bit. The feeling around 2003 when he rematched Mosley was that both guys were better in 2000. On the other hand, he did seem to become more consistent with his right hand.

Comment

um he was down against b-hop but that body shot dropped him. i loved the mayorga fight that was the oscar i loved watching in highschool. mayweather he was starting to decline. i wish he would have been more serious like he was in the mayorga. he looked more determined in his eyes against mayorga then he did against mayweather. forbes fight was a joke. and he had no business at 147 that fight was a lose lose for him and pacman. he was weightdrained no doubt about but he agreed to it and made weight and pac cant get the respect he should for beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

maybe, i have no idea. i just used my opinion as an example of how i wanted it formated..... im def not saying he was def prime in bhop fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                Hopkins: above his best weight, and also past his prime. Still far from "shot" though, and did better than I had expected.

Mayorga: Past his prime, but a good performance coming off a layoff.

Mayweather: Past his prime, but I was impressed with his defense for most of the fight, especially considering the inactivity.

Forbes: Past his prime, and looked worse than he had against Mayweather.

Pacquiao: Shot. I remember after a round or two saying to my friend "Oscar looks shot". While I was rooting for Pacquiao, I wanted DLH to still put up a better fight than that.

Maybe it was the move up in weight as he went to 154 two fights later, but Oscar never looked quite the same after Mosley 1. He looked like he slowed a bit. The feeling around 2003 when he rematched Mosley was that both guys were better in 2000. On the other hand, he did seem to become more consistent with his right hand.

thx for the solid reply,,, i wonder how oscar would have looked after floyd at 154(agaisnt an elite fighter). floyds win would have been (further) validated by another strong performace imo.
                Last edited by boxing_pundit85; 06-14-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

maybe, i have no idea. i just used my opinion as an example of how i wanted it formated..... im def not saying he was def prime in bhop fight.
                  he was still good at the time but no longer prime.

plus being at 160 doesn't help.

i think around the mosley rematch was the start of his decline.

same for mosley.

if you look at the rematch and the 1st fight , you can tell the difference.

they were so much sharper in the first meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

Yeah I agree with this. You really notice the decline in Oscar around then on

Comment

Working...
                    X