No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nielsen vs. Mendy Early Fight Results From Denmark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nielsen vs. Mendy Early Fight Results From Denmark

Esbjerg, Denmark - Sauerland´s show at the Blue Water Arena opened with an upset win for Czech trialhorse Josef Obeslo, 3-7-1, who stopped previously unbeaten Hamburg businessman and pro boxer Ismail Ozen, 6-1, at 2.35 of the first. Obeslo was hurt by a right in the beginning and Ozen had everything his way but left himself open and was hurt by a right in neutral corner and went down as Obeslo poured it on. Ozen got a count but he was out on his feet and was rescued in his corner at 2.35.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sad for Evensen that he didn't hear the final bell.

I just returned from the arena and it was pretty odd with drunken norwegians and noisy belgians making the athmosphere seem like an fooball match between Norway and Belgium in Denmark.

Patrick Nielsen fought the best he ever fought (IMO) for the first six rounds against Mendy working very well behind his southpaw jab. After that he seemed unable to change tempo and failed to set up his powershots.

ERIK SKOGLUND. Remember that name. He will be champion in about 2 years. Great prospect.

Comment

It's kinda funny b/c Miskirtchian is not even Belgian; He's Armenian ))

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

I just returned from the arena and it was pretty odd with drunken norwegians and noisy belgians making the athmosphere seem like an fooball match between Norway and Belgium in Denmark.

Patrick Nielsen fought the best he ever fought (IMO) for the first six rounds against Mendy working very well behind his southpaw jab. After that he seemed unable to change tempo and failed to set up his powershots.

ERIK SKOGLUND. Remember that name. He will be champion in about 2 years. Great prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

This card had some promising fighters. I saw the Skoglund fight and he destroyed his opponent, I was surprised he's only 21.

I missed the Nielspn fight, though... I'm guessing he did well. I've yet to see him fight yet but noticed he was 21 as well.

Solid prospects out of Denmark, those two

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          This card had some promising fighters. I saw the Skoglund fight and he destroyed his opponent, I was surprised he's only 21.

I missed the Nielspn fight, though... I'm guessing he did well. I've yet to see him fight yet but noticed he was 21 as well.

Solid prospects out of Denmark, those two
          Except that Skoglund is a swede.

Comment

Working...
          X