Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone update me on Clottey's training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been informed Clottey has been sparring with a Cuban southpaw by the name of Damian Frias.

Good to see Pacquiao allowed him to have sparring partners, that was very kind of him. It was also very kind that Pacquiao let him come in at 147 as well. These sorts of things are standard in Boxing, but when you're dealing with Team Pacquiao... well, you just never know what stipulations there are.

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroBoxing View Post
      You sound like Pacquiao. I wasn't specifically talking about the day before the fight.

I'm searching for anything regarding Clottey's sparring partners. Is Clottey allowed to have sparring partners of was this a stipulation Pacquiao put in the contract?

Where is his trainer again, anyway?
      I seriously heard he was training in dirt roads in Florida to feel comfortable like he was in Ghana. The gym he trained was something from a Rocky movie, really tattered gym ropes, worn out punching bags, very austre conditions from what I heard.

Comment

You sound like Pacquiao. I wasn't specifically talking about the day before the fight.

I'm searching for anything regarding Clottey's sparring partners. Is Clottey allowed to have sparring partners of was this a stipulation Pacquiao put in the contract?

Where is his trainer again, anyway?
        wow... you just contributed to BScene becoming even dumber

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          wow... you just contributed to BScene becoming even dumber
          There's no telling what Team Pacquiao would do anymore.

Two years ago you would have been called insane if you would have said Manny was afraid of random blood testing. Clottey even said Manny is a "gentleman" for allowing him to come in at his natural weight.

Comment

I saw 1 or 2 videos, I think he was training in some Hotel... appeared to be running in the hallway.
            Has there been any film released on him actually training in a gym-like environment?
            LOL that was awesome, that really put a big smile on my face

Comment

wondering who to put your dough on?

Comment

Originally posted by Frighteous View Post
                wondering who to put your dough on?
                Just heard Clottey "for some reason" is going to weigh the least amount he's weighed in perhaps his entire career on fight night.

This one's a dud.

Comment

There's no telling what Team Pacquiao would do anymore.
                  they follow the commission rules

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    they follow the commission rules
                    Pacquiao failed to make weight and was penalized by the commission in the past. The weight penalty & catch-weight king is hardly going by the rulebook.

Comment

I predeict clottey comin in at 147lbs, and pacquiao at 146lbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X