Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and the same people who criticize chavez jr AREN'T gunna have a issue with lucas.....

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
      WOw he really must drain himself!!
      ya that **** gets old they need to make a rule on this cause its getting out of hand

Comment

Is this the first time he's weighed this much?

Comment

So the guy rehydrates to 151 (Judah) or 150 (Olosegun) and the next fight he rehydrates to 163.5? Something isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            163 confirmed. No typo. Could be wearing clothes though.

If Greisman says it, I'm much more inclined to believe it.

Regardless, I really don't care. I don't have a problem with any fighter so long as they actually make weight. This isn't a case where a guy failed to make his weight - If you can make the limit you can fight in the division, that's just how boxing works, and I've got no problem with anybody who makes weight.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              Didn't see that in the fight but considering I've ragged on JCC jr in the past I have to man up and hold Matthysse to the same standard. He should man up and move up. But for the record since I didn't see it and Mattysse is only 5'6.5" I have a hard time believing it.
              Originally posted by commodus View Post
              and the same people who criticize chavez jr AREN'T gunna have a issue with lucas.....
              Guess I'm not one of those people right?

Comment

matthysse vs sergio martinez

Comment

I'd like to see how much he weighs in his next fight because 163.5 is just ridiculous (25 pounds) the guy previously weighed in at 151 (Judah) and 150 (Olosegun) where did all that extra weight come from?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      If Greisman says it, I'm much more inclined to believe it.

Regardless, I really don't care. I don't have a problem with any fighter so long as they actually make weight. This isn't a case where a guy failed to make his weight - If you can make the limit you can fight in the division, that's just how boxing works, and I've got no problem with anybody who makes weight.
                      I personally think Showtime either made a typo or didnt know how to use a scale.

For a fighter to go up 25 pounds in 1 night, which was 18.1% of Lucas' weight is unlikely, almost impossible i would think without terrible consequences. If that is really true, i would think it was caused by "unnatural" means. I have I have never heard of a boxer gaining 25 pounds over night, especially a fighter who has never had trouble with weight, and then looking the same as always

Comment

Working...
                      X