No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell Back in September, Eyes Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell Back in September, Eyes Lucian Bute

On the heels of Anthony Dirrell’s dominant victory last Friday on ESPN 2 and with older brother Andre Dirrell’s return imminent, BoxingScene.com caught up with Leon Lawson Jr., uncle and co-trainer of the fighting brothers. [Click Here To Read More]

Andre should stay retired, Bute would kill him

Comment

Dirrell will not make Showtime again before hell freezes over.

Comment

**** Dirrell, the boxing world is better off without him.

Comment

I didn't like the way he pulled out of the Ward fight, but that doesn't change the fact that he's about 1000x more skillful than the brawlers Bute usually faces.

I wouldn't mind seeing him face Jermain Taylor, to see how they've both come back from the lay offs. The winner would be in a good position to face whichever one of Bute/Kessler doesn't fight the Super Six winner.

Very wishful thinking there, but it's something Dirrell could perhaps aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Andre should stay retired, Bute would kill him
            have u ever seen dirrell fight? if u did, theres no way ud think bute would have an easy time with him.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              have u ever seen dirrell fight? if u did, theres no way ud think bute would have an easy time with him.
              Dirrell hs talent but he is soft as baby shyt

Comment

Now that's an interesting fight.Real talk.People rate Bute highly.Dirrel arguably made Froch look like an amateur.This fight would reveal a lot of things about both fighters that we really don't know.

Can Bute handle a fighter with genuinly decent boxing skills.Better than anyone on his resume??Can Dirrel box without looking like he's running a marathon??I say make the fight.I'd love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Dirrell hs talent but he is soft as baby shyt
                  idc how soft he is, hes never really been beat. and hes fought much better competition than bute.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    idc how soft he is, hes never really been beat. and hes fought much better competition than bute.
                    LOL you call jogging around the ring against Froch a win? ANY kind of pressure and he falls apart just look at what happened against Abraham.

Comment

Working...
                    X