No announcement yet.

Does Hatton deserve to be in the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Really??? Tszyu came back in November 2004 and beat Mitchell in a rematch and stopped him in 3 rounds. Mitchell was still the #1 JWW besides the RING champ Tszyu. Prior to that, Tszyu beat Urkal who was a Top 10 JWW, Judah who was the #2 JWW, Tackie who was a Top 10 JWW, Leija who was a Top 10 JWW, and Mitchell again like I stated above.

Tszyu was also the #3 P4P in the world when Hatton beat him, and this was also a time when people really wanted to see Floyd-Tsyzu as Floyd was looking to fight the winner of that fight.

So don't tell me that wasn't a big win for Hatton, it was. It may not have been the best Tszyu, but Tszyu was still a highly regarded fighter at the time.
    It doesn't matter that they were rated the highest it doesn't mean they were good fighters, they really weren't besides they had all been before Hatton as Tsyzu was getting older. It doesn't matter if people are talking about Floyd-Tsyzu because Floyd would have wiped the floor with him at that point. You can say he was P4P at the time but it doesn't mean he was the third best fighter in the world going into the Hatton fight, he really wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Stallone opened the floodgates for everybody to get in the HOF.
      It is the hall of fame, not the hall of accomplishments.

Comment

Speaking of which, did Gatti get in?

Comment

A fictional movie character is in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            A fictional movie character is in the Hall of Fame.
            there's a category called "non-participant," for people who didn't box.

stallone is inducted into that category.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              Does he? I mean, his best win was against a faded Tszyu, and he got DESTROYED every time he fought a truly great fighter.
              Nah, he's not HOF worthy. ..

But very, very few boxers are actually HOF worthy. . .

Comment

gatti never even made it... hell no...

Comment

his record falls short, very short. to me it's not about the fan base or how much excitement you bring but who you beat.

I say NAY

Comment

If you look at Hatton on the world scale - no, probably not. If you look at it from the point of view that he's one of the best British fighters ever and maybe the most popular - a resounding yes.

As has been mentioned previously, though, if Gatti couldn't make it in, then Hatton shouldn't either.

Comment

I have a Hall of Fame vote, but not sure if I'll vote for Hatton just yet. He might get in, depending on how weak the particular voting years are coming up. They vote in three from the modern era every year, and as long as there aren't other guys who are strong contenders, he could eventually get in.

Comment

Working...
                      X