Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Martinez at 154 : who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    mayweather also has shown that southpaws might be the weakness of his shoulder roll defense.
    Not really :

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
    floyd win at either weight. you dont beat pbf with your hands down. how does sergio beat guys? he uses speed and footwork and boxing. you really see him outboxing floyd or using speed?
    Yup I don't see Sergio doing too well against a faster opponent.

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Let's measure each guys strengths if they were to fight at 154.

Size: Martinez

Power: Martinez

Speed: Even

Defense: Mayweather

Endurance: Mayweather (I've seen Martinez tire but have never seen Mayweather tire)

Ring I.Q.: Mayweather
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 09-28-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I think Martinez is his toughest fight. Martinez is a game fighter. He comes to fight, every time. I think he's faster at 154 but isn't as strong. (Makes sense right?) Martinez and Mayweather are both fighters who get stronger as the fight goes later. So it will really come down to skills. I don't think it's a domination. I say 7-5 Mayweather.

Mayweather doesn't have enough power to KO Martinez but if he lands the right shots enough, he can score a knockdown. Still, Martinez can win and probably gives him REAL trouble. More so than Cotto did.

Comment

Sergio UD, boxing politics might make it a SD loss but Sergio will win 8-9 rds

Comment

I just want to see it happen.

Comment

I wanna bump this thread, if you haven't voted post your vote. It's really close, actually closer than what I'd have guessed.

Comment

Results of the poll are intriguing. As much as I like Martinez, my gut reaction would be to go with FMJ with a UD/MD, but with talk of Floyd slowing down, who knows.

I think we can all agree that this really is the right fight to make at the right time. Pac vs FMJ is still intriguing but I think Martinez vs FMJ at 154 has far more question marks.

Comment

It really depends if Sergio really has to eat his way up to 160 as he claims or not.

Comment

out of 122 votes, it's 50% right down the middle, crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                    out of 122 votes, it's 50% right down the middle, crazy!
                    At 154 that's exactly what is it!

That's why so many people want to see Floyd take this challenge.

Can you honestly say you want to see Floyd win a boring UD over Guerrero instead of him fighting Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      At 154 that's exactly what is it!

That's why so many people want to see Floyd take this challenge.

Can you honestly say you want to see Floyd win a boring UD over Guerrero instead of him fighting Martinez?
                      Again, I disagree, and I'd really like to see the vegas lines on this fight if it ever were to happen because I'd guarantee Martinez would at least be a slight favorite (lines don't always indicate what will happen but they're a good guide most of the time)

And I never said anything about preferring a Guerrero fight over a Martinez fight. I said Floyd fighting Martinez isn't something that should be "expected" of him. If Martinez was a natural 154lb fighter it would be another story (even though Floyd isn't even a real 154lb fighter, he couldn't even make weight both times he fought there), but Martinez is almost 170lbs in his last 3 fights on fight night (actually it goes back to the second Paul Williams fight), if you can't take off your blinders and see that as a physical mismatch then in your eyes there's no such thing as one.

Comment

Working...
                      X