No announcement yet.

1988 tyson destroys ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
    Tyson Pre Douglas kills every HW currently active.........no doubt in my mind......

EVERY SINGLE ONE.............

now as far as the greats......Ali Foreman Frazier.....well........lets just say I'd like my chances but they be wars!!!!
    Tyson Vs Foreman : KO win for Mike

Foreman threw wide looping shots from the outside, Tyson on the other hand threw short compact punches (with power in both hands) when he didn’t square up. It would have boiled down to who would connect first, and Tyson would have capitalized on that EARLY.

Tyson Vs Frazier: KO win for Mike

A lot of people forget that Smoking Joe didn’t start Smoking until the mid/late rounds where he threw his left hook like Nolan Ryan a fast ball. However, I think that only would work against him because Tyson would waste NO TIME throwing his bombs early and with his underrated hand speed Tyson would open up ala Foreman on Joe.

Tyson Vs Ali: Ali UD

I know I’m going to get some haters for this but if this was 15 round fight Ali would purposely drag this fight to the later/championship using his footwork, hand speed, jab and head movement to throw Mike off his rhythm. Personally I think Ali would just wait for Mike to plant his feet only to unload on Mike first and get out of harm’s way before Tyson can unload his shots. By the way I’m a BIG Tyson fan!

Comment

Originally posted by GRANDSLAM View Post
      Tyson lost to anyone who wasn't scared. He's hugely overrated and lost every time he got in with a great Champion like Holyfield, Lewis etc. Holmes was old and fat.

Ali beats him 100 times out of 100
      Holmes was 37-8 and was NOT fat. He was outclassed. I would back prime Tyson against anyone, and Ali wouldn't get away with holding his head down, and the usual tricks. His jab would not keep Tyson away. And he didn't have the punch to damage Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        Tyson Vs Foreman : KO win for Mike

Foreman threw wide looping shots from the outside, Tyson on the other hand threw short compact punches (with power in both hands) when he didn’t square up. It would have boiled down to who would connect first, and Tyson would have capitalized on that EARLY.

Tyson Vs Frazier: KO win for Mike

A lot of people forget that Smoking Joe didn’t start Smoking until the mid/late rounds where he threw his left hook like Nolan Ryan a fast ball. However, I think that only would work against him because Tyson would waste NO TIME throwing his bombs early and with his underrated hand speed Tyson would open up ala Foreman on Joe.

Tyson Vs Ali: Ali UD

I know I’m going to get some haters for this but if this was 15 round fight Ali would purposely drag this fight to the later/championship using his footwork, hand speed, jab and head movement to throw Mike off his rhythm. Personally I think Ali would just wait for Mike to plant his feet only to unload on Mike first and get out of harm’s way before Tyson can unload his shots. By the way I’m a BIG Tyson fan!
        Ali's head movement consisted mainly of pulling straight back relying on his speed and reflexes. That was what he was always criticized for, and that when he lost his speed he'd suffer. Well he lost it, and he's still suffering.

As for the other two, Frazier and Foreman, I'd put my money on Tyson. You would benefit by looking at his style and aggressiveness closely, no matter which fight it was. he seemed to treat them all the same. The only time I saw him denied, was against Bonecrusher Smith, who, nevertheless although he finished on his feet, lost every single round. He could have been DQ for holding a half a dozen times.

Comment

Working...
        X