No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale-Mundine II Early Results From Sydney, Australia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Geale-Mundine II Early Results From Sydney, Australia

Daniel Geale prepares for the fourth defense of his middleweight title against the only man to hang a loss on his ledger, former super middleweight champ Anthony Mundine. The two are set to reunite in the ring Wednesday in Sydney, Australia.

The bout is a rematch to their 2009 contest, in which Mundine won a tightly contested split decision. Geale (28-1, 15KO) has since won seven straight. He enter's Wednesday's uncivil war on the heels of the biggest win of his career, a well-deserved split decision nod over Felix Sturm in their alphabet unification clash on the road in Germany last September.

Mundine (44-4, 28KO) rides a four-fight win streak, which began win an April '11 unanimous decision over Garth Wood to avenge a massive upset knockout loss four months prior. [Click Here To Read More]

Kimbo Slice WKO2.... That was a war, albeit scrappy. Kimbo nearly got iced himself... he's gonna struggle when he steps it up.

Comment

ok so geale won, now bring on geale vs golovkin!

Comment

I'm surprised they even gave Mundine a round... he was pretty much owned for every minute of the fight. He even said to the cameras after the final bell that if he doesn't get the decision he's been robbed... delusional. I was hoping he'd had a bit of humility beaten into him but I guess not.

Comment

For Geale being so dominant in the fight and Mundine being deducted a point, 116-112 is a pretty close score.

Comment

Pleased for Geale....nice little domestic dollar earner and a good win against a man who is not very likeable, to put it mildly.

Would love to see DG take on Barker or Macklin in a summer football stadium here in the UK.....nothing like an Aussie-Brit showdown. Pretty sure Macklin would fill the Birmingham City ground if Geale came over for that one.

Comment

Mundane...I mean Mundine, still wants Mayweather. It's only a minor setback

Comment

Glad Geale beat Mundine decisively. Mundine is such a loudmouth *******.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                  For Geale being so dominant in the fight and Mundine being deducted a point, 116-112 is a pretty close score.
                  I'm pretty sure he didn't have any points deducted, although he must have been warned about 5 times for use of the head and elbow. The scores were a lot closer than they should've been in the end, Geale won very convincingly for me.

Comment

Geale had a chance for a KO I think in rounds 10 or 11 if I remember, they needed to NOT throw those jumping hook shots.

Geale hesitated several times that night too when he had good opportunity.

Good fight though.

Comment

Working...
                    X