No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwballs (1983)

OK, first thing first, this is a movie I first saw when I was just a horny ass teenager back in the day and it has a special place in my perverted heart. If you like '80s teen sex comedies this is one of the classics, a Canadian production that was made solely to cake off the success of Porky's. The story revolves around some high school dudes making a bet that they will be the first to hit off the hottest chick in class. It's 80 minutes worth of crass sex jokes. Even though it's low budget the filmmakers really did do a great job of adding production value. Anways, like I said, I love this movie, so 9 out of 10 for sentimental reasons... but overall it's probably like a 7.5 unless you are a true fan of the genre, then it's higher.
    Last edited by Libido Sanchez; 12-12-2011, 01:33 AM. Reason: clarification and whatnot

Comment

• "Bad Teacher"

When her wealthy fiancé breaks it off, gold digger Elizabeth Halsey returns to middle school: she's an awful teacher but wants to save for breast-implant surgery. She brightens when Scott, a new teacher, turns out to be rich, and she stops showing films and sleeping in class when told there's a bonus for the teacher whose class scores highest on the state exam. Her competition for Scott and the bonus is cheery and tightly wound Amy. Amy digs for dirt on Elizabeth who cheats her way toward Scott's bed and the money. Honesty with students seems to be her only skill. She ignores Russell, a droll gym teacher, who looks on. Will she succeed with Scott and get those new breasts?

This movie stars Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake as the main characters and surprisingly is a pretty good movie, non of that CGI crap like in most movies today. It's just a raunchy comedy with great one liners and a pretty good story. Normally I dont like these stupid humor comedies but this one was very well done and I enjoyed it very much. Justin Timberlake is definitely an up and coming comedy actor and after seeing him in this and a few others is someone I would look forward to watching in other films.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10

Comment

• "You Don't Know Jack"

Dr. Jack Kevorkian (1928 - 2011 ) in the 1990s, when he defies Michigan law assisting the suicide of terminally-ill persons. Support comes from his sister, a lab tech, the Hemlock Society president, and a lawyer. The child of survivors of the Armenian genocide interviews applicants: his sister video tapes them. He assembles a device allowing a person to initiate a three-chemical intravenous drip. The local D.A., the governor, and the Legislature respond. In court scenes, Kevorkian is sometimes antic. He's single-minded about giving dying individuals the right to determine how their lives will end. He wants the Supreme Court to rule. He picks a fight he can't win: is it hubris or heroism?

I remember growing up following Dr. Kevorkian but not truly understanding what the whole situation was with the assisted suicide debate. After this movie I have a much better understanding of it and this movie did a wonderful job portraying the 90's life of the Doctor himself. Dr. Kevorkian was played by the one and only Al Pachino and also starred Susan Sarandon as one of his closest friends among a few other well knowns. If your into documentary's made into movies this is a great watch and recommend it to all.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• "The Prestige"

In the end of the Nineteenth Century, in London, Robert Angier, his beloved wife Julia McCullough and Alfred Borden are friends and assistants of a magician. When Julia accidentally dies during a performance, Robert blames Alfred for her death and they become enemies. Both become famous and rival magicians, sabotaging the performance of the other on the stage. When Alfred performs a successful trick, Robert becomes obsessed trying to disclose the secret of his competitor with tragic consequences.

To begin with let me just say I rented this movie because I thought the cast was great, it starred Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale as the lead characters also starred Michael Caine, and Scarlett Johansson to name a few others. That being said I must say this movie was JUNK!!! It was slow, it was kinda all over the place and was way too long. I liked the story as far as rival magicians and all that jazz but it didnt live up to it's hype especially with the cast it had. I was greatly disappointed and do not recommend this movie to anyone.

Rocco rating 4 out of 10

Comment

• "Flightplan"

A claustrophobic, Hitchcockian thriller. A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plane.

This movie stars Jodie Foster as the lead character and was a pretty good flick, it was suspenseful and mysterious all in one, it led you to believe the story you were watching was true. This movie was very entertaining and not full of all that CGI stuff. A recommended 1 time watch.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• "Knowing"

In the fall of 1959, for a time capsule, students draw pictures of life as they imagine it will be in 50 years. Lucinda, an odd child who hears voices, swiftly writes a long string of numbers. In 2009, the capsule is opened; student Caleb Koestler gets Lucinda's "drawing" and his father John, an astrophysicist and grieving widower, takes a look. He discovers dates of disasters over the past 50 years with the number who died. Three dates remain, all coming soon. He investigates, learns of Lucinda, and looks for her family. He fears for his son, who's started to hear voices and who is visited by a silent stranger who shows him a vision of fire and destruction.

The main character in this movie is Nicholas Cage, no mind you Nick Cage has had some either really bad movies or really good movies not too many in between "ok" movies. I felt this was one of the ok movies it was far more good than bad. I thought the story was very interesting and the movie held my attention. There was not a lot of CGI crap throughout the movie. The character build up was done well, and the acting was not too bad as a whole (thats not to say there wasnt a few scenes that were pretty crap.)

Overall I liked it and it held my attention for the 2 hours it played.

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

• Don't be fooled by this film, it's brilliant. Why? it does very well to execute a lot of genre's in to 1 movie, 9/10.

It's about a guy who think's his boss is an alien, has crazy theories & kidnapps him because he thinks he'll take over the world.

Give it a chance, you won't regret it.

Comment

• finally watched The lion king, i dont know why it rank so high the soundtrack was cool but the plot not exciting enough. i give it 7/10.

Comment

• watch chunking express couple days ago,good story line the camera shot was briliant,very good sound and superb acting. very very recommended 9.5/10

Comment

• AKIRA

9.2/10

The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

The Social Network

Ghostbusters

Watchmen

4.0 awful, fuck you.

Daredevil

3.5 Even worse, a L for Marvel.

Street Fighter:Legend of Chun Li