Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did You Follow Boxing Before You Have Internet/Cable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did You Follow Boxing Before You Have Internet/Cable?

Have cable at the house in 2003 and internet in 2004. Switched from cable to direct tv in 2005.

As a kid in Philippines, mostly read it in newspaper and watch a couple of fights on tv by staying up late at night to watch Rolando Navarete.

Moved here in the US, have a few relatives who got the PPVs for Mike Tyson but get to see only 1 fight. As a kid, didn't have much money, so i buy the Ring mag at least once a year. Watched boxing at KCAL 9 here in Los Angeles. One of the best i have seen was Chiquita Gonzales vs Humberto Carbajal. CBS channel 2 used to show a preview of the fight, specially with Terry Norris. I know a couple of Filipinos who gets Philippine sports magazine sent to them here in the US and get to read about Morris East and Luisito Espinosa.

Joined the US Marines, so didn't follow much of boxing or any other sports. After finishing my contract, read about Pacquiao when he was still unknown here in the US in the Fil-Am newspapers. Read also Gerry Penalosa. I buy Ring mag also but not too often.

Now of course, we follow boxing not only thru mags, newspaper, or cable but thru internet.

ive had cable for aslong as i remember..but the internet turned me diehard..i discovered boxing forum and have been hooked

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
      Have cable at the house in 2003 and internet in 2004. Switched from cable to direct tv in 2005.

As a kid in Philippines, mostly read it in newspaper and watch a couple of fights on tv by staying up late at night to watch Rolando Navarete.

Moved here in the US, have a few relatives who got the PPVs for Mike Tyson but get to see only 1 fight. As a kid, didn't have much money, so i buy the Ring mag at least once a year. Watched boxing at KCAL 9 here in Los Angeles. One of the best i have seen was Chiquita Gonzales vs Humberto Carbajal. CBS channel 2 used to show a preview of the fight, specially with Terry Norris. I know a couple of Filipinos who gets Philippine sports magazine sent to them here in the US and get to read about Morris East and Luisito Espinosa.

Joined the US Marines, so didn't follow much of boxing or any other sports. After finishing my contract, read about Pacquiao when he was still unknown here in the US in the Fil-Am newspapers. Read also Gerry Penalosa. I buy Ring mag also but not too often.

Now of course, we follow boxing not only thru mags, newspaper, or cable but thru internet.
      Ring magazine

Comment

ive had cable for a long time

Comment

carrier pigeons

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            ive had cable for aslong as i remember..but the internet turned me diehard..i discovered boxing forum and have been hooked
            Same here. My first boxing forum was Pacland, discovered a few others. But BoxingScene is may main forum. The others, i don't even go there anymore. As far as Pacland, i just go there to see the Philippine boxing scene outside of Pac and Donaire.

Comment

I have satellite TV, but before that I saw boxing in national TV

Comment

I had cable long before I had the interweb.

Comment

I used to sit around with the family and listen to it on the radio, they then invented some new picture box which was also nice.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                    Same here. My first boxing forum was Pacland, discovered a few others. But BoxingScene is may main forum. The others, i don't even go there anymore. As far as Pacland, i just go there to see the Philippine boxing scene outside of Pac and Donaire.
                    i started on east side..they permabanned me for mentioning this site..and ive been here ever since..lol

Comment

Working...
                    X