Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana is only making $550k for his fight against Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
    He'll end up getting more than that depending on whatever the PPV numbers are.
    I know rafael said it is projected he will actually make over $700,000 after ppv sales.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
      idk maybe w/ the exchange rate in argentina that's good money? anyway, that sucks dude.
      You're talking about a guy who's about to pocket at least 300K. Man that's good ass money. Lol not everyone is Pac and Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        That's because HBO is dumb and signed him to a deal I think.

Berto makes an unbelievable amount of money for someone who has yet to face a real top fighter nor is a draw. The guy has made millions since before the Collazo fight even. And you can thank Home Box Office.
        Quintana and Collazo are good wins.

Comment

Morales is an easy opponent.

Mathysse is on Judah's level at least... Him vs Maidana will be made one day IMO. TwomArgetinian bangers

Comment

If it's PPV he's probably gonna get a cut of the PPV revunue's also. Plus didn't he get 500k+ for the Khan fight? That's over a million in less then 6 months. And as far as I know, this guy has never been a world champion. That's pretty good for a contender if you ask me.
            Last edited by Rocky Rode; 04-09-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              Why? He lost to Khan and Kotelnik. He's only beaten Victor Ortiz and a line of cab drivers. The guy is actually lucky he is back in a big fight on PPV even.
              youre talking like his defeats werent close, amazing fights and that he didnt punish his opponets at all.

and thats exactly why he got a big fight
              Last edited by cleaner147; 04-09-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                Quintana and Collazo are good wins.

For who were in WW at the time, they are OK wins.
                Why has he not een rematched Collazo...

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
                  youre talking like his defeats werent close, amazing fights and that he didnt punish his opponets at all.
                  Yeah, he's a good fighter that can compete with anyone at the top. I thought he beat Kotlenik, but the fight was close. The Khan fight he did lose decisively( I thought Khan won 7-5 plus the two points Chino lost), but Khan did have to pay a big price for that win.

And I thought his KO of Victor Cayo was also a good win on his resume.

Comment

I read the Maidana fight is for the number 1 contender for the wba lol, didn't Khan already dispose of Maidana :/

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                      I wish i could earn $550k, if he ever wins a world title i guese he will start to make a million per fight.

Its not bad money tonight because i think it could be easy work.
                      Exactly, I think we boxing fans kinda spoil fighters in a way, If Maidana earns 1.5M for a Morales fight why would or should he earn less against say Bradley? He would want more and demand more, And i wouldnt blame him.. Just look at Berto now, Berto started earn unbelievable money for fighting easy fights which made it difficult for HBO or his opponents for example Mosley to get any agreement with him, Because if he made 1.25-1.5M against F.Hernandez why should he make less fighting Mosley?

Comment

Working...
                      X