Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of late I've been expanding my taste in movies out there; we should recognize that Hollywood isn't the only place producing top notch movies.

1. Red Cliff Part I-II 10/10.

This is from Imdb "In the early third century, the land of Wu is invaded by the warlord Cao Cao and his million soldiers. The ruler of Wu, Sun Quan, calls on the rival warlord Liu Bei for help, but their two armies are still badly outnumbered. However, the Wu strategist Zhou Yu sees that Cao Cao's army is unused to battling on the sea, which may just give them a chance if they can exploit this weakness properly".

This is about war in China, one power hungry warlord vs. other warlords who are fighting to protect their land. If they lose not only do they get beheaded but their families will die in the worst way. The bad warlord has an army over 800,000...the other has 100,000. Watch this **** right here, war strategy, gore, and on top of it all beautiful scenes throughout. The story is great too.

Comment

• Ip Man 8/10

A semi-biographical account of Yip Man, the first martial arts master to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun.

For those who don't know, this is the man that trained Bruce Lee. This is his story, his struggle, the Japanese wanted to conquer that part of the world, China and expand from there. All the man wanted to do was teach martial arts to disciples...he tried to do this with people breathing down his neck at all times and challenging him to fight every 10min lol. I've never seen anything like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        Ip Man 8/10

A semi-biographical account of Yip Man, the first martial arts master to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun.

For those who don't know, this is the man that trained Bruce Lee. This is his story, his struggle, the Japanese wanted to conquer that part of the world, China and expand from there. All the man wanted to do was teach martial arts to disciples...he tried to do this with people breathing down his neck at all times and challenging him to fight every 10min lol. I've never seen anything like this.

when he destroyed those 10 black belts...epic fight scene

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          when he destroyed those 10 black belts...epic fight scene
          i thought he was going to die in there. the way he was out of his element and pissed that the other master got killed.

Comment

i thought he was going to die in there. the way he was out of his element and pissed that the other master got killed.

i could watch this **** all day bro

Comment

• you would love Red Cliff, Mak. I'm telling you, one of the greatest films i've seen.

Comment

you would love Red Cliff, Mak. I'm telling you, one of the greatest films i've seen.

i've seen it...only part 1 tho....havent gotten around to part 2...and that chick (the sister) she could get it

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i've seen it...only part 1 tho....havent gotten around to part 2...and that chick (the sister) she could get it

i agree with that.

Comment

• martyrs-- boring film. Starts of decent, and brutal then it slowly changes and lessens the pace of the movie. Somewhat sick, but no really. Didn't really like it. The ending was unpredictable.

For some reason I couldn't blink for nearly an hour after watching it. It left an invisible imprint in my head. Couldn't stop thinking about it for a couple of hours despite it nearly putting me asleep.

Comment

i agree with that.

you seen part 2 already? how was it?

Comment

Working...
                      X