Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fighters and trainers know the list of substances banned by the commission?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do fighters and trainers know the list of substances banned by the commission?

This is a question for pro fighters and trainers : do fighters and trainers receive a list of substances that are banned by the commission they're fighting under? Peterson's trainer said that in the amateurs he received such a list but not anymore, can anyone confirm this?

I thought they all received a list like that and then showed it to their doctor before taking any medication to make sure it doesn't contain anything that's banned.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    This is a question for pro fighters and trainers : do fighters and trainers receive a list of substances that are banned by the commission they're fighting under? Peterson's trainer said that in the amateurs he received such a list but not anymore, can anyone confirm this?

I thought they all received a list like that and then showed it to their doctor before taking any medication to make sure it doesn't contain anything that's banned.
    Yes. It is the list of WADA substances.

http://list.wada-ama.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

Nicotine & caffeine are banned, WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Caffeine is a diuretic.

Bodybuilders drink their coffee black in order to stay ripped.
        I've done it many times, it flushes through your system normally though and you don't get your card pulled as you would something else - but yes, in theory, caffeine is illegal.

Comment

I like Peterson, and I was actually rooting for him in the Khan re-match too (and I'm a big Amir fan).

But you don't need a damn list to tell you that TESTOSTERONE pellets might be an issue and something to declare.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Caffeine and nicotine are not banned. They are monitored.

The problem is, how do you ban a substance that 1/2 of the world's population consumes every day?
            Last edited by Gino Ros; 05-19-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

Thank you, do you know how fighters receive that list? Do they get it when the commission gives them their license?

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
              I like Peterson, and I was actually rooting for him in the Khan re-match too (and I'm a big Amir fan).

But you don't need a damn list to tell you that TESTOSTERONE pellets might be an issue and something to declare.
              I agree but Peterson doesn't look like the sharpest knife in the drawer and his doctor might have convinced him that those pellets were ok because they were there to correct a deficiency. It's a stretch but I'm playing devil's advocate here.

Comment

Working...
              X