Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was very obvious yesterday that..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@stigma: some of the blows hit the top of vics dome, correct.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post

@stigma: some of the blows hit the top of vics dome, correct.
      First part of the fight I saw, since I was occupied on Saturday, was the YouTube video of the last round + post-fight interview. I was surprised by a bunch of things in that three minute span.

I was surprised that Mayweather was throwing so many punches; surprised that Ortiz was dodging some of them (at least partially); shocked that Ortiz walked through and landed some shots of his own; surprised about the headbutt.

And of course shocked at the ending. Thought it was bull****. Cortez is the absolute worst referee in the game. I don't want to start the debate of whether or not the fight was on when those punches were landed, but it's apparent to me that Cortez wasn't even sure himself. When the hook lands, he's not even looking at the fighters. He's looking at the time-keeper to confirm. I initially started to dislike him during the Hatton fight. I cried for his retirement during the Soto DQ. And this is just the worst, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Stigma View Post
        First part of the fight I saw, since I was occupied on Saturday, was the YouTube video of the last round + post-fight interview. I was surprised by a bunch of things in that three minute span.

I was surprised that Mayweather was throwing so many punches; surprised that Ortiz was dodging some of them (at least partially); shocked that Ortiz walked through and landed some shots of his own; surprised about the headbutt.

And of course shocked at the ending. Thought it was bull****. Cortez is the absolute worst referee in the game. I don't want to start the debate of whether or not the fight was on when those punches were landed, but it's apparent to me that Cortez wasn't even sure himself. When the hook lands, he's not even looking at the fighters. He's looking at the time-keeper to confirm. I initially started to dislike him during the Hatton fight. I cried for his retirement during the Soto DQ. And this is just the worst, imo.

Watching the slow motion replay of Cortez reminded me of a boxing game i used to have on the old mega drive. At times the ref would visible snooze and fall asleep in the ring and it was at this time you could execute foul moves!

My cousin and i used to play that game and he would tell me when the ref was buzzing so i could unload some vicious below the belt shots!

Cortez last saturday reminded me of that very same ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdroid View Post
          Money would abuse Pacdroid
          i think manny has a chance if he fights a disciplined perfect fight. but he needs to do a heck of a lot to try and stop floyd adapting and changing like he does

Comment

Originally posted by Stigma View Post
            Pacquiao doesn't move with any sort of consistency like that.
            Right... he looked amazingly unpredictable against Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
              Right... he looked amazingly unpredictable against Mosley.
              Plus mannys head movement ain't all that and I can see him getting tagged like Vic the same way

Comment

Obviously it is very hard to beat Mayweather, but you can't use a fighter so much worse than Pacquiao to prove this point.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  I'd like to see a real fan break down how Pacquiao beats Mayweather

How does Pacquiao close the gap and get inside to land on Floyd without getting tagged. Pacquiao has an ambush style, he doesnt fight like Hatton or Margarito or Castillo or Diaz
                  I told you in the other thread, I didn't explain how but I said what attributes Pacquiao has that would allow him to beat Mayweather.

Comment

so it was very obvious that Pac and Ortiz is very much the same type of fighter right? *****s are not just funny. you guys are stupid. Floyd knows he would take a beating of his life..

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                      I told you in the other thread, I didn't explain how but I said what attributes Pacquiao has that would allow him to beat Mayweather.
                      he doesnt have a jab and that alone will be his failure.

Comment

Working...
                      X