Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Margarito Disrespect Mexican Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
    Your full of **** if you think Floyd would have fought him even if he were his mandatory. He still wouldn't have, so don't give me that ****.
    You still don't get it. Margarito is going to fight a 10 round "showcase" against an overmatched bum to secure his fight against Cotto. He gains absolutely nothing from winning that fight. A win against Williams gives him a win over a guy who will most likely go on to win some belts. It will look good on his resume later. So beating Williams does more for him than beating his "10 round showcase" opponent. If he can't beat Williams (which I don't think he can) does he really deserve Cotto? So really all he's doing is screwing the fans out of seeing a good fight. At least PBF won the WW Championship while waiting for DLH.

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
      How is it so hard for you people to understand why he would take on Cotto instead. I know you people love to hate on him, but it's not that hard to understand. Cotto is the bigger name and more credible fighter. Margarito is taking a huge step up in competition fightinng Cotto. He is the more recognized fighter. Of course he'll make at least a million if not more, it's a bigger fight. If Margarito were to beat Cotto it will bring him more credibility tha if he were to beat Williams and if he were to beat Cotto it will bring hinm closer to the types of mega fights he is looking for. Beating Cotto no one could have the excuse that he hasn't fought anyone because Cotto is one of the top two welters right now. Williams to this point is unproven and hasn't fought anyone to deserve all the hype he has gotten to this point. Do you think that beating Williams is gonna bring him any closer to a fight with Floyd? Hell No!!!!! Floyd asid himself that he doesn't even know who Williams. Fighting Willaims is high risk low reward compared to taking on Cotto which would be high risk but thr reward would be higher and bring him more credibility. Why is that so hard to understand? Other than the fact that all the Floyd lovers and Margarito haters refuse to acknowledge. You'll are blinded with hate.
      Forget the hype, Williams would bring Margarito his biggest payday to date and he could still fight Cotto in June for another million dollar payday. There's no way in hell Margarito is getting anywhere close to a million to fight a 10-rounder against a journeyman...

Comment

Originally posted by ThaHorseman View Post
        You still don't get it. Margarito is going to fight a 10 round "showcase" against an overmatched bum to secure his fight against Cotto. He gains absolutely nothing from winning that fight. A win against Williams gives him a win over a guy who will most likely go on to win some belts. It will look good on his resume later. So beating Williams does more for him than beating his "10 round showcase" opponent. If he can't beat Williams (which I don't think he can) does he really deserve Cotto? So really all he's doing is screwing the fans out of seeing a good fight. At least PBF won the WW Championship while waiting for DLH.
        Wow, I was going to just sit back and listen but I finally fully agree with someone. I'm a great Margarito fan but I don't like this route Margarito has taken. If he is the true warrior he has proven to be then he should fight Williams. He did say after the Clottey fight that he would fight him because he was his mandatory. SO, Arum probably doesn't have faith in Margarito to pull of a big win before A big name fight like Cotto. Think about it, Margarito is a champ that deserves a big name fight and Arum wouldn't want to risk it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
          Mexico is known for producing warriors that will go to war with anybody, any time. With Margarito choosing to duck Paul Williams, has he disrespected himself and his country? I don't see how Margarito could ever consider himself a true Mexican if he ducks a worthy challenger like Williams who would make Margarito the biggest purse of his career ($1 million+). Do you think Margarito is disrespecting the proud history and tradition of his country's fighters by avoiding the Punisher?
          HOW????? who the hell is williasdms???

Comment

Originally posted by Caca View Post
            HOW????? who the hell is williasdms???
            Cotto is a much more lucrative fight man.

Comment

Marg's definitely a pride of Mexican boxing... he's a chamion after all... but i do believe he's ducking Williams, Williams is his mandatory... which doesn't apply to his case against Floyd... he still have a fight as an undercard in Cotto's first title defense, and there is no excuse for him not fighting Williams... he could lose his belt in fighting another no-name fighter... but if he happens to fight Williams, then all the props to him...

Comment

it's sickening to see Margarito's people attempt to defend him on this one. turned out to be completely full of **** like we all knew.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  it's sickening to see Margarito's people attempt to defend him on this one. turned out to be completely full of **** like we all knew.
                  From what I've seen a lot of them are finally realizing what he's doing. I've seen a lot of people come out and say they can't believe he what he's doing. I think his fans are finally getting it. Its the PBF haters that still need to hold on and defend him that way they can still hate on Floyd. Notice, everytime someone defends him they bring Floyd into the argument.

Comment

Working...
                  X